VW's Polo GTI sees a price increase?

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Did a internet search on their DSG gearbox, looks like it's not as reliable as many people thinks. U'll find many complaints posted by VW owners all over the world, especially problems concerning its mechatronic component, not able to shift into gear in D. Any VW owners here in ZTH with gearbox shifting problems?

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
Did a internet search on their DSG gearbox, looks like it's not as reliable as many people thinks. U'll find many complaints posted by VW owners all over the world, especially problems concerning its mechatronic component, not able to shift into gear in D. Any VW owners here in ZTH with gearbox shifting problems?
maybe they fixed the problem already with the price raised? meh..

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Polo is never worth so much. You should know the fact that this car is designed for 18 years old boy who just got his license.
Pay 165k for full plastic? Kinda stupid

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
maybe they fixed the problem already with the price raised? meh..
VW did not impose the 34k price increase in their TSI Golf & Jetta, so that means VW did not fix the DSG problems in them...hhmmm...:confused:

What about Golf GTI, Passat and the rest of the model lineup. It seems the DSG shifting problems is affecting their 2.0 turbo equipped cars as well.

jack12322

Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mine did have a slight jerking back then , but SC did a software update during scheduled service and never had problem since then ~

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Mine did have a slight jerking back then , but SC did a software update during scheduled service and never had problem since then ~
Yup, read about the software upgrade, offered to VW owners free of charge. Smoother...yes, but many owners also noticed a slightly slower gear shift & response after the software upgrade. What some ppl suspect is, VW knew there is a design problem with their DSG, but instead of fixing the hardware which is costly, they "detune" the DSG gearbox so that it will last until your warranty expires, then U'll have to pay to fix it. The damage is done, wear & tear on their DSG exists, VW is just delaying it that's all...

That's my opinion =)

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Wah.... looks like something same as what happend in 1997 with Kia Sephia... they were asked to increase their price by 10k for the next shipment (20% price increase)...

What to do........???

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm...wonder if VW will come out with Muscle Car :biggrin:

trustgtr

Jun 18, 2009
Mayb duties been adjusted..subaru recently dropped their prices that good news, afterall free trade agreement with japan few years back already exempt import duties on jap car but with 90%excise..unlike vw offcourse whichcomes from s.a and germany..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
new car also need ap ah? if yes, the profit per ap also increase?
You didn't know? :) Mercedes Benz Malaysia cannot import Mercedes cars to Malaysia and register on the road without an AP. Likewise for VW.

Gee, no wonder so many people vote for the wrong government, all don't know what is going on.

kuntauasli

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
You didn't know? :) Mercedes Benz Malaysia cannot import Mercedes cars to Malaysia and register on the road without an AP. Likewise for VW.

Gee, no wonder so many people vote for the wrong government, all don't know what is going on.
and what makes u think if we change govt, NAP will change? I havent heard of any revision proposed by BA??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Senior,

Good day to all of you,

Anyone can recommend me, which shop know how to exchange Wira engine to Mitsubishi engine very well.

I got one VR4 2.0 Turbo engine, thinking to find a workshop to do this engine changing......

Area in Petaling Jaya, Damansara.

Thanks for your kind info~ pls reply my post if u know~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience