thanks- exterior (the scirocco will have more road presence than a regular golf Gti)
- performance (both will be good and it all depends on how much more you will want from it - chipping and mods. the scirocco may look fiercer and faster but it is actually not)
- interior (scirocco will give you a more exclusive and special feel, neater, cooler look but less spacious than a golf Gti)
- handling (scirocco will have an edge over the golf Gti. basically, if you like the Gti, you'll love the scirocco even more)
- fuel consumption (pretty much the same, although the scirocco is smaller; 60 litres smaller boot than a golf gti. however, fc all depends on how heavy you foot is and how much mods you have done)
- market value (golf gti, being a 4dr and still a hot hatch)
- comfort (pretty much the same, not counting the rear passengers. both chassis will feel solid and tight while comfortable. for family use, the golf gti is a better bet)
more or less you want to say that scirocco beats the golf gti.