Volvo 850 T5-R gives Ford Focus RS a real chase around the ring

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

This is a reverse story of David vs Goliath. Goliath actually get's to hammer lil David, if he is driving around a Volvo 850 T5-R around the ring! The guy in the Volvo gives a very good chase and closes the gap during the start off point, where he had to manuever through cones and traffic. He closes the gap when he approaches the famous "Carousel" around the Nurburging Nordschleife. I had the same moments when some guy in a red modded, twin exhaust Mitsubishi Lancer GT decides to chase me around the NKVE all the way to the Duta Interchange toll, towards the DUKE highway. Proof that, it all boils down to how Goliath could deflect your sword, if he could read your mind! So if you see a Volvo on the streets, do not overlook his capabilities, else you'd be bonkered by Goliath flat!

YouTube - Nurburgring 22 may - Volvo 850 chasing Focus RS.

TimLang

Known Member
Jun 15, 2006
Driver: (0:20) Hmmm...what a boring day...Where the f**k is my sun glass? here we go (192kmh)...lol.

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
I had the same moments when some guy in a red modded, twin exhaust Mitsubishi Lancer GT decides to chase me around the NKVE all the way to the Duta Interchange toll, towards the DUKE highway.
A Lancer GT chasing your S600?? :hmmmm:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
A Lancer GT chasing your S600?? :hmmmm:
LOL, my Dad's Volvo XC90 T6, had to pick them up from the airport, so happened that I needed to go to KLCC first (met Nico Rosberg that day and shook his hand) :D

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
Lancer GT cant outrun a 4WD..? hmm..no comment...
So...after shock his hand, any Shiok? hehe :biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
haha, my 272hp twin-turbo inline 6 AWD SUV you mean! Noob in the Lancer GT had perhaps 160-170hp at tops best

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dat focus let the 850 pass, looking at its acceleration outta the corners, d 850 shudnt be able to pass pun. i still prefer the 850R nonetheless

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
well, basically, u could see there was some gap between the ford focus and the volvo. u could see him closing the gap, when the focus saw the car that was that far all the while, the focus decides to pick up his pace. but yes, the volvo is fast on the straight line, while the focus was a fast corner carver. remember in the first few parts of the ring, theres more straight lines than slow corners

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There is a syndicate(s) of thieves going around housing areas, shopping malls car parks and other unattended cars at car parks "opening" locked cars with alarm using....

"frequency detectors"

to detect the frequency of your car alarm system and remote control door lock.

Once your frequency is detected,

They will "clone" it and disarm the alarm and open your car doors within minutes!

So whatever valuables in your car will also be gone in matter of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience