Voltage Stabilizer

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Much better if you use 25V capacitor working voltage. Capacitor will not heat up. Use 0.1 Mfd ceramic capacitor to filter out high frequency noise or on +12V dc supply.
Is it the same function of using an IC which is a voltage regulator?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Is it the same function of using an IC which is a voltage regulator?
No. It's not the same. The schematic shows only bunch of big electrolytic filter capacitor. The total capacitance of big capacitors was to store charge voltage from Battery and Alternator. This will only temporary flatten the battery voltage. In case a big short draw of high current of car electrical devices. But if there's a continuous high current. VS will not prevent voltage drop. It's act only as big electrical noise filter. The ceramic capacitors will only filter out high frequency spike noise from on off switch contact of switches and relays.

I think its impossible to use IC voltage regulator to car electrical system. You can not find an IC Voltage Regulator with 80 Ampere capacity. And also voltage Regulator need a higher Input Voltage than its DC output regulated voltage. Let's say we need +12V for our car. We need to find +18V Battery and 18 volt Alternator. That's the reason IC Voltage Regulator was not applicable to Car Electrical System.

IC Voltage Regulator was only applicable inside the Alternator.

If you want a stable car electrical system. Use Multi Point Grounding Kit. Multi Point Ground Kit connection was like and Octopus wire connection and use short wires and all ground point was connected to - Battery Terminal.

Avoid Daisy Chain Grounding Kit. Daisy Chain was ground wire connected in series and becomes long grounding wire. Long wire will have higher voltage drop.

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Here it is then..
The diagram. This diagram is using multiple capacity cap. The number of caps is up to you, some say more or bigger capacity is better.
What u need;
-( 4700uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 4
-( 3300uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 4
-( 1000uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 10
-circuit board
-box
-wires
-fuse holder
-wire terminal

Sorry for the bad drawing. The basic connection is like in the drawing but u can use your imagination and creativity to place it on the circuit board in order to save space or have the better looking end product. For the fuse holder, u can buy one at any spare part shop.

As i discover when i did this in 2008 is that the shop did not have much stock for capacitor so not all VS i made is using the diagram above. This is another design i made using only 4700uf capacitor.

In this design, there is also an LED indicator. Do remember to connect a 1k resistor to the led or it will burnt upon connection of the terminal. I just used normal auto wire in the VS and it works just fine. To make it easier to connect, i also uses the green wire terminal and solder it to the circuit board.

If i recalled correctly i made lesser of the VS with multiple capacity capacitor compared with the single capacity capacitor as thats the most commonly sold capacitor. 16V will do fine.
Hmm, time for some soldering these few weeks. :biggrin:
Was waiting for Izso's friend because he came up with one too and Izso says it works.
But the friend is too busy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

My waja's horn like 'bunyi pecah' i guess time to replace it with new 1.

is there any good but cheap horn recommended? so far i found HELLA is quite cheap and within my budget. The installation fees for the horn is RM30 without relay which i felt is away too expensive.

Anyone here can teach me? coz i heard install a horn might require relay. and i do not know how to connect the relay to the horn.

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience