Volkswagen Models - The correct choice

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This morning, woke up & realising that life is short to just worry too much, went & had a good breakfast with HM & proceeded to the car dealer & checked out a new Jetta with 26k+ Mileage.

Test drove it (in a traffic jam part of KL) & fell madly in love with it. Paid a deposit to start up the whole process. No turning back now. Hope some bros here can give me some guidance on caring & maintaining it as well as what to look out for / where are the more reliable / reasonable workshop to go to.

One last obstacle would be to sell my current car. The trade in offer is a bit too low. Any bros can help here? Nissan Sentra N16 (M) 2009, clocked 80k+ km, well taken cared of & comes with extras I.e. Emanage, adjustable, rev speed meter, smart alarm, sound system.
Pm bro. kc Ng, he has a Jetta too.....:driver:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
After a week of agonizing wait (that happens when you bought something but have to wait before able to get & use it), finally got my Jetta.

After using for a couple of days; not bad & quite fun to drive although need a while to get used to it as a number of operations are quite different from conventional. For instance, had a quite embarrassing moment at the petrol station trying to figure our how to open the fuel lid!!! Searched all over & couldn't find the damn lever until i walked over to the lid & press to open....damn it!!! :bawling:

Getting used to it now but then, there are a few big questions here that i hope some sifus here can help to enlighten me: :hmmmm:

1. DSG Gear box operation
- On bumper to bumper crawl i.e. slow moving or move stop scenario (stopping for 10 - 15 sec), should i keep it engaged at D or N?

- On traffic light or ultra jam situation where stopping for 30 sec or more, should i engaged it at D or N?

2. Catalytic fluid (Ad Blue if not mistaken), how long before need to top up? how to check the level & where to get this?

3. Oil Temp; what's the normal operating temperature range?

Other than the above items, any other things that i should be on the look out for to ensure that my new mistress live reasonably longer? :love:

Thanks all in advance. :adore:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
After a week of agonizing wait (that happens when you bought something but have to wait before able to get & use it), finally got my Jetta.

After using for a couple of days; not bad & quite fun to drive although need a while to get used to it as a number of operations are quite different from conventional. For instance, had a quite embarrassing moment at the petrol station trying to figure our how to open the fuel lid!!! Searched all over & couldn't find the damn lever until i walked over to the lid & press to open....damn it!!! :bawling:

Getting used to it now but then, there are a few big questions here that i hope some sifus here can help to enlighten me: :hmmmm:

1. DSG Gear box operation
- On bumper to bumper crawl i.e. slow moving or move stop scenario (stopping for 10 - 15 sec), should i keep it engaged at D or N?

- On traffic light or ultra jam situation where stopping for 30 sec or more, should i engaged it at D or N?

2. Catalytic fluid (Ad Blue if not mistaken), how long before need to top up? how to check the level & where to get this?

3. Oil Temp; what's the normal operating temperature range?

Other than the above items, any other things that i should be on the look out for to ensure that my new mistress live reasonably longer? :love:

Thanks all in advance. :adore:

haha the exact situation happened to me when i drove my bimmer after picking it up from the used car lot & heading to the petrol station, quite embarressed that time.

anyways jetta is a good car, wanted to choose it over my e90 but unfortunately it was still expensive that time.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
haha the exact situation happened to me when i drove my bimmer after picking it up from the used car lot & heading to the petrol station, quite embarressed that time.

anyways jetta is a good car, wanted to choose it over my e90 but unfortunately it was still expensive that time.
Hahaha...finally someone who shares the embarrassment.

Whilst searching for a replacement for my previous car, was actually torn between BMW E90 320 & Jetta. In terms of look, E90 beats Jetta anytime. It has the aggressive & sporty but yet elegant look. Finally decided on Jetta on a few aspect comparison i.e. technology, performance, less flashy.

Still keeping your Eterna? Have to ditch my Sentra due to budget & lack of parking space. Though not much to shout about but then felt a bit sad when handing over the keys to my Sentra. After all, have spend quite a lot of time & $$ modding & maintaining it.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

Whilst searching for a replacement for my previous car, was actually torn between BMW E90 320 & Jetta. In terms of look, E90 beats Jetta anytime. It has the aggressive & sporty but yet elegant look. Finally decided on Jetta on a few aspect comparison i.e. technology, performance, less flashy.

Still keeping your Eterna? Have to ditch my Sentra due to budget & lack of parking space. Though not much to shout about but then felt a bit sad when handing over the keys to my Sentra. After all, have spend quite a lot of time & $$ modding & maintaining it.
yeah i was embarressed that time, summore many ppl were staring at my car that time haha....but luckily i remembered my dad's previous merc c200 also have to open the cap outside so i guess it will be the same.

if i had the choice i would go for jetta too.

eterna sold long time ago bro, on april 2013, although alot of $$$ invested into but its still a proton, if i dun sell it then will loose more $$ later on.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Exactly, for looks the E90 will be better, but for drive the jetta anytime. Cheaper road tax too....:driver:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
yeah i was embarressed that time, summore many ppl were staring at my car that time haha....but luckily i remembered my dad's previous merc c200 also have to open the cap outside so i guess it will be the same.

if i had the choice i would go for jetta too.

eterna sold long time ago bro, on april 2013, although alot of $$$ invested into but its still a proton, if i dun sell it then will loose more $$ later on.
Thats the problem with modding cars. Money spent but not much of value added but of course the experience is truly priceless. Bet you must have lost a lot when disposing your Eterna.

For now, would not be doing much to my car other than some minor cosmetics i.e. body kit & rim. After the last incident of having chauffeur a multi millionaire in my 'sport' car, damn it!!!! now it's better to maintain my car in the most stock & elegant form as possible.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Exactly, for looks the E90 will be better, but for drive the jetta anytime. Cheaper road tax too....:driver:
Sigh....how i wish i have the $$$ & space to have 2. E90 would attract attentions better than a Jetta if you know what that mean.

Also, the interior between the 2; Jetta dark coloured interior which is my liking while E90 comes in either grey or beige (in most of the units that i saw)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thats the problem with modding cars. Money spent but not much of value added but of course the experience is truly priceless. Bet you must have lost a lot when disposing your Eterna.

For now, would not be doing much to my car other than some minor cosmetics i.e. body kit & rim. After the last incident of having chauffeur a multi millionaire in my 'sport' car, damn it!!!! now it's better to maintain my car in the most stock & elegant form as possible.
Unless the modded car is enthusiast car, if not, then follow current value price only....:banghead:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Unless the modded car is enthusiast car, if not, then follow current value price only....:banghead:
Yup. Was so tempted to remove all modded parts before disposing my car but then again, a lot oh hassle to get it done, no doubt if selling all the parts would easily gain back at least a thousand or two. In the end just traded it lock stock barrel.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup. Was so tempted to remove all modded parts before disposing my car but then again, a lot oh hassle to get it done, no doubt if selling all the parts would easily gain back at least a thousand or two. In the end just traded it lock stock barrel.
Cannot be helped, at least you enjoyed it while you had that car....:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thats y i stop modding my cars anymore, very sakit hati when the used car tells u the amount that your car is worth for trading in, with all the time & money invested in our cars.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thats y i stop modding my cars anymore, very sakit hati when the used car tells u the amount that your car is worth for trading in, with all the time & money invested in our cars.
But Mod time you shoik mah! Pay also tak rasah, but sell time.....:bawling::bawling:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
But Mod time you shoik mah! Pay also tak rasah, but sell time.....:bawling::bawling:
Yup, when mod time really shiok lo, especially when you have researched, source all over the place for the mod. How expensive also will feel that it's worth it. The driving experience thereafter, priceless.

But....like Bro DanzEterna said, when used car totally ignored what's your car condition / performance & just quote the 'market' price, really really :bawling::bawling:

Then again, that (modding) is a phase where most of us will go through, for the challenge, for the thrill, for trying to be different