Volkswagen may announce WRC endeavours in May

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The rumourmill hasn't really taken it easy on Volkswagen and its supposed entry into the World Rally Championship (WRC) and now the news from the grapevines is that the marque will announce its participation in the WRC at the Italian Rally in May. As one of the largest automakers in the world, their current motorsport portfolio is limited to Audi's domination of Le Mans and their own Dakar Rally efforts.

The announcement of their participation was supposed to have been done at last month's Rally Portugal but typical German redtape pushed it back to next month in Italy.

Their weapon of choice is expected to be the Polo as it already exists in S2000 guise (pictured above). Their path into WRC will follow along the lines of Mini and Prodrive as they contest selected rounds in 2012 before going all out for the full calendar in 2013. As for their choice of drivers, a certain Petter Solberg keeps popping up. The Norwegian, who won the WRC for Subaru in 2003, is rumoured to be partnering up with Volkswagen's dominant force in Dakar, Qatari Nasser Al-Attiyah, who took home the Dakar title this year in a Touareg.

Source: Autosport

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I have write this letter for kawal selia for the pass 3 years from my brother GTTi engine change, Toyata SEG and Toyota SE. last my car engine change. So to help you all, if the conversion it is with in JPJ regulation. So far no problem and might help you all there.

Make sure all the documentation in good order and willing to wait for 1 month for the reaplly from them.

Owner Name
Owner Address,
Owner Address...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience