Volkswagen launches 3 new models in Malaysia

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
thats something that caught u red handed and gonna be bad rep with the vw guys! LOL

but yeah, how was the suspension setup, floaty or firm?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Good. At least got strong potential to break the stronghold dominance of Toyota-Honda in RM 130k-RM 180k range price.

Anyway, I am quite sad they didn't offer Passat and Jetta in diesel variant. For those who experienced drove VW with TDi engine before, will understand my disappointment. Nevertheless, TSI engine still offer a lot of driving excitement.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Besersk, the problem with diesel is our poor quality diesel. Not that they don't want to offer the car, its not economically viable to offer it since diesel cars will need pretty decent diesel fuel (specifically Euro level) otherwise car manufacturers will expect very high service / warranty issues

tiganasfx

Known Member
Dec 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am at the sc at ttdi. SA told me the ckd version will use the same tsi engines but probably slightly cheaper. They dun have the full details yet.

Also the polo sedan will be approximately rm 90k.
Tested the passat, not bad solid, slightly sluggish but to be expected for a d segment. Better than a camry 2.4.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
On the subject of diesel, Iszo is absolutely spot on. This question was also raised by the media during the press conference. The official reply from VGM is that they are still in the midst of conducting their feasibility studies, and that current diesel quality offered here is not at a decent enough standard.

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Thanks Iszo and r3k4hsttub for the explanations :beer:

Perhaps now it's time for Petronas, Shell, BHP, etc starts to improve their diesel quality.

Feb 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Had bought Jetta (RED colour) before CNY 2012.

A great car.

Just to share... A few good points and bad points of this Jetta.

Good pts:
- Euro Cert. Safety Car
- 1.4 CC Twin-Turbo Charged with 7 Speed TSI
We drove the car from KL-IPOH-PENANG-KL during CNY 2012, we spent total 7 days. We paid about RM300 for the fuel for the entire journey.

- Fuel efficient
- Feature packed.

Bad pts:
- Interior looks cheap as it looks like made of plastic.
- Soundproof not up to my expectation (110KM/h you can hear the noise of the wind)
- Non leather seat (considering the price at 150K)
- As big as Civic/Altis
- Customer Service no good. (hate their staff)

Overall, I am still highly recommend this car over Japanese car. With the price tag at 150K, it has more plus points than other Japanese/Korean Cars in the market.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I think it is still worth considering despite a 10-15K more expensive than Japanese car. It offers the best of its class like safety, technology, and quality. Btw, Jetta is imported from Mexico not Germany in case if you not aware.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sorry 2 be rude guys...juz pissed..i parked my car out side summit..go and yumcha..when i comebacki saw 2 guys near my car i asked them wuts wrong...than they said someone reverse and bang my car..twice...my lights broken..bonet dented..bumper broken..its goona cost me a bomb..
according 2 a witness..the guy came out from the feng tau club..
he didnt get the car plate//all he go was

car type: wira
nuber plate: WEA ****
colour : brown

if any of u see dis guy...his car..the back bumper is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience