Volkswagen Golf TSI: Opti-Coated

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its already been 2months since i updated my blog. In this 2months its been a hectic month for me, i received alot of inquiries regarding coating, full detail, touch up and alot more. I guess i pushed myself really hard in this 2months. But, along the journey i need to thanks to Josh all the way from Ipoh & Erik who help me out on a Peugeot and Golf GTI, also not forget about KC for giving me some useful advice on a soft paintwork and Seech who lend me his Flex so i could manage to finish well on a black paint. Once again, thank you guys for helping me so much.

Alright, here i have is a brand new 3days old Golf TSI back in Febuary. This lady owner wants to get it coated with Opti-Coat. During inspection this car is in a very good condition, only have minor scratches in certain area, wax residue, tars and dirt on the lower skirt. First, the car was washed with OPC 1:4 and then decontaminant with PermaGlass and finally washed with ONR again. Lower skirt tars was removed with Osren Tar Remover, wheel was clean with OPC 1:3 with a detailing brush, old tire dressing was removed with Osren DFX.

wax residue

side skirt

wheel

took out the number plate as well

dirt inside

tar at the rear bumper

dissolving

after

wheel before

after

before

after

car was washed with ONR after OPC

clayed at the same time

the engine need extra attention as well

especially the engine cover logo, waterspot

quick clean with Opti-Clean

and then dressed with OLP

after

waterspot on engine cover logo was polished with OHP

Paintwork defects was removed with OHP + LC yellow and then finish with OHP again with double sided red foam. No pictures taken during the process. Later on wiped down with IPA all around, Opti-Coat was applied on the body and all windscreen. After applied, the body and windscreen are extremely hydrophobic, it repels dirt and also easy to maintain in future.

some after pictures..

no more wax residue

clean and dressed

Sorry for the long awaiting post. Cheers!

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Lovely.... simply lovely.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
haa?? i came for this one meh???

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lovely.... simply lovely.
DarkAccoon, thanks for your kind words. Heard you have a deal with my friend Goh this Sunday to restore his headlamp. Let me know if you need anything from me. Im leaving to Ipoh this Saturday night. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

haa?? i came for this one meh???
Bro, its the Peugeot laa, read properly! :idea:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Nice... Official VW detailer...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
DarkAccoon, thanks for your kind words. Heard you have a deal with my friend Goh this Sunday to restore his headlamp. Let me know if you need anything from me. Im leaving to Ipoh this Saturday night. :wavey:

I guess so, I know his nickname but dunno his name actually. hehe. I will be in Melaka this weekend and then rush back on Sunday to do his headlamps.... wonder how it will turn out.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
oooo hahahaha sorry ah read too fast

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
You're always welcome bro! Glad to help out whenever you need assistance. Keep it up bro!

ic3johan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2004
hi detailien, tried to contact few of u guys but no response. please quote me optiseal for satria neo and including the workmanship. also i want to buy ONR, my place in kajang.. my contact is 012 five 1156 1 one thanks

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
hi detailien, tried to contact few of u guys but no response. please quote me optiseal for satria neo and including the workmanship. also i want to buy ONR, my place in kajang.. my contact is 012 five 1156 1 one thanks
Sent you PM. Tq

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice detail bro... You really do not save on using the best products!!!

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice... Official VW detailer...
thanks you Seech :biggrin: VW very poison leh :nurse:

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I guess so, I know his nickname but dunno his name actually. hehe. I will be in Melaka this weekend and then rush back on Sunday to do his headlamps.... wonder how it will turn out.
must be turn out great! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

You're always welcome bro! Glad to help out whenever you need assistance. Keep it up bro!
thanks for helping Erik. next time will hands on again with you.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Nice detail bro... You really do not save on using the best products!!!
thanks Veloc. tak boleh save, good product mesti kuat kuat use :biggrin: