Volkswagen Beetle (Year 2001) - to buy or not to buy?

Mar 12, 2010
Utopia
(sorry, I realized that I posted my earlier entry in the wrong forum. admins are welcome to delete that first entry thanks)

Hello all, was wondering if I could get some advice from all you more experienced people out there.

My 2002 Honda Civic is dying a slow death, so I'm planning to replace it before it dies on me completely. I'm looking at either the smart fortwo or the Volkswagen Beetle. There's a 2001 2.0 Beetle for sale nearby and I've been lusting for it for many many many years so I've half a mind to get it!

Would you guys (and girls) think it's a good idea? Are the new Beetles reliable... this one's manufactured in 2001. I'm not planning to keep it for too long though, I'll only be here for another year before I leave for overseas permanently, after which I plan to sell it. Any idea on the resale value too? What should I look out for when I view this car/before I agree to buy it? What price should I be paying for this car so that I know I'm not being overcharged?

I don't need an uber amazing car... just one that'll work reliably and is a fun drive. That's why I'm thinking of the smart fortwo or beetle.

Appreciate any help... just ANYTHING on the VW New Beetle would be great...many thanks!

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
(sorry, I realized that I posted my earlier entry in the wrong forum. admins are welcome to delete that first entry thanks)

Hello all, was wondering if I could get some advice from all you more experienced people out there.

My 2002 Honda Civic is dying a slow death, so I'm planning to replace it before it dies on me completely. I'm looking at either the smart fortwo or the Volkswagen Beetle. There's a 2001 2.0 Beetle for sale nearby and I've been lusting for it for many many many years so I've half a mind to get it!

Would you guys (and girls) think it's a good idea? Are the new Beetles reliable... this one's manufactured in 2001. I'm not planning to keep it for too long though, I'll only be here for another year before I leave for overseas permanently, after which I plan to sell it. Any idea on the resale value too? What should I look out for when I view this car/before I agree to buy it? What price should I be paying for this car so that I know I'm not being overcharged?

I don't need an uber amazing car... just one that'll work reliably and is a fun drive. That's why I'm thinking of the smart fortwo or beetle.

Appreciate any help... just ANYTHING on the VW New Beetle would be great...many thanks!
the car was fun to drive and it felt like driving a merc to me (gives that luxury feeling)...id recommend it over a smart for 2

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
is thre any product that can remover Watermark stain on my windscreen ? its really hard to c wen its raining without wipers ! :cry_smile:
need help from anyone that have faced this problem and solved it !:emoticon_U:
thanks for the help in advance ! :shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience