Volkswagen back in WRC for 2013 with Polo R w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The exodus of manufacturers from the World Rally Championship (WRC) has been eradicated with a number of them now jumping back into the fray. Mini got the ball rolling with their Countryman WRC and now, following heated speculation, Volkswagen will be joining the WRC in 2013 with their Polo R WRC hatch.

Probably having gotten weary of watching their Touaregs dominate the Dakar Rally, Volkswagen will be bringing the all-wheel drive Polo R WRC to the party with around 300hp from its turbocharged 1.6-liter mill.

While the name might not be synonymous with rallying, Volkswagen did enjoy some success in the sport back in the 80’s. In fact, when the Group A was newly formed 1986, a Volkswagen GTI proved to be the winning car for that group.

There’s just something about the rally-prepped Polo that seems so right. Maybe it’s the racing white and blue liveries or the wild fender flares that seem so at home, but whatever it is, look out for the Polo R WRC in the 2013 WRC races.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xs4donyiQgo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: Volkswagen

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
I wonder whether VW would launch Polo R to coincide with the launch of the Polo R WRC ...
That would really put some drool on some hardcore fan-boys lips .... Heheheh ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience