VIP style on L2/Kancil [old model]?

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
possible for kancil/L2 to be vip-ed? came across some black vip kelisa/gino, looks darn good! thought of vip-ing my ride as well, though is not much but a kancil as im still a student :proud: and im a real n00bi3 and new to vip style and modding rides. hope u guys can bare with me as im a new learner here learning =)
any advice on mods will be greatly appreciated!
anyway im looking for vip rims as for kick start for meh project [would move on to converting to L2 parts + some wicked looow ass LIPS later on]! currently sourcing for rims like this type;

*pic taken from some of zth.com threads, hope the owner wont mind me posting the pics as im using it as reference. will remove it on request, cheers =)

i wanna know wat brand and size it is, and possible to fit this to my ride?
currently budget for rims bout 1000+-, hope doesnt cost too much :bawling:

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
get the rim done, make sure lowered ur ride until zero finger or more, and flush the rim out to fender.. only find ur bodykit ...remember do not get busy line, aggresive design bodykit/lip, big big whole bumper, or muscle look kind of bodykit
15" is the rim size... if u want try extreme..16" should be good enuff... good luck on ur project... and there's not reason not to be lowered kao kao, no reason not to use thin profile tyre, no reason no to flush the rim to fender... as i know alot of ppl out there will find reason about difficulty to drive and etc, but if u wan the style, u have to follow :) no excuse given

imho i havent seen 1 kancil done vipstyle before, so cant decide whether it look good or nice onot.. by far still kelisa look nice from those pic in japan...

remember to keep us update on the progress, we will be glad to help u out ;)

edit p/s: do not rush on project, think carefully before do anything, to prevent regret in the future.

DIYdummy

Known Member
Jan 12, 2007
hahaha....sonictheory bro, u poison noobie ah...ahahaha - well dude, start with the wheel n suspension 1st -better - if not imagine this - bodykits here n there still riding high and with stock wheels - aint lookin right - right?

I wish you good luck and happy moddin...

Cheers!!

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
But on a practical side, dun think can go for 16s without going widebody. The problem is the tire size.

In japan there's kcar size for 16s, even 17s. But Malaysia tadak.

15s is nice on a Kancil. Try to get those Euroline chrome/polished wheels.

If I'm not mistaken, in VSS forum, there's a virtual modded Kancil with some old skool kit, rite Sonic?

Cknacci

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
isnt that blue kelisa belongs to Ben?

anyway Sonicadio is right, there's no excuses for not to mod your car to the requirement of turning your ride into a Vipstyle...You need love, passion, desire and $$$ of cuz...

Here's some starter that ive used to poison 1 of our member..

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
wow! 16 inch overkill my ride d haha. sudah masuk poison d me ehehe. nice photoshop! 1st time poison me was the black kelisa.
anyway, thanks for the support guys! i was thinking of either opti bodyparts or L512. opti is kinda old skool with chrome bumpers and headlights but its gonna cost more than normal bodyparts :bawling:
ehehe

anyway, still sourcing for the kelisa rims. love those rims in the photoshop pic! sweet

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
chrome bumper arent VIPSTYLE... its Classical... totally out of vipstyle...even an old school merc are adviced to remove the chrome bumper, put on fibre/pu bumper in order to archieve vipstyle... hope ya dun get the wrong idea :)

AxTiara

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
bro,use the L2 moderno flat bonnet since the original kancil bonnet isnt.
Use 15X5J rims with 165/45/15 tyres.
Try to go any fibre shop and ask how much to do the bodykit such as fabulous,inspection,garson,junction produce bodykit.
The interior u can ask some picture sample from otai2 in VIP styling modders...hehe.
Tint ur car with black tint AROUND(inc in front)not to dark la...just enough for people to see you inside.
Last but not least,get a mascot...VIP STYLING!!

Just my 2 cent...

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
just wanna justify that putting up mascot arent meaning that u're vip or vipstyle... alot of ppl alwiz misunderstood it... sporty also can put wut...but doesnt mean anything...its not the main element in vipstyle.. and black tinted arent vipstyle too, there's alot of sporty car doing it as well...

what really matter now in order to get closer to vipstyle, get ur rim done with full face/big or thick spoke/clean design (no busy busy angle curve here and there) no TE37 no work emotion, no SSR professor no mugen, no spoon, no TRD, lowered stance zero finger and below, rim flush as close as to fender (low offset)... minimum requirement...

without this done, no matter how many freaking $$ u dump to bodykit, interior, ICE, or rim... sorry its not vipstyle yet..

example of good fitment and stance

Last edited:

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
and another i would like to share is

ppl often mistaken this is VIPSTYLE rim.. but it is not, this all are DUB style rim, normally u can see it in american rapper vehicle, spinner are not vipstyle too, they belong to DUB style all these busy design are belong to DUB style, VIPstyle alwiz clean and classy look...so deep dish doesnt means VIPSTYLE

Last edited:

AxTiara

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
i understand u bro...its just that some people dont understand what vip style means...some people just modify their car rojak style somehow become ah beng look...its just that people have to understand the concept of vip styling..NEways,cheers bro...going to project my vios soon...rolling on 18" with DAD replica rims...fabulous bodykit and full black interior with white lining...hahaha!!

Bro SentraVIP,i like ur rims....lowenhart right? keep it up bro..

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
Ah Yes, Lowenhart LD-R replica.

DAD replica? Which model? Got 4 holes wan meh?

AxTiara

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
Some of my friend's car...Simple vip mod...

Perdana

Coure L7 inspection and Kelisa

AxTiara

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
Bro SentraVIP,this is the rims that i mentioned...dunno what model izit but i know its DAD wan ar...

Original

Replica

Hehehe...nice o0o this rim...100X4/114.3X4...only RM3.5K with tyres for 18".

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai~! everyone~! i got a very very old car, it is NISSAN sunny 130 :P . this is very very powerless ;) . at the moment, wish to exchange the original B11 engine to SR20DET with turbo one :lol: . But, don't know it is work or not? and to do this, it is still can ride on the road like a normal car? what i mean is about the gorvenment site. it is approve or not :blink: ? please, give me some nice guides ~! thank you for your guys first~ B) !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience