VIOS-the question is?

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
hello and and greetings,
im new here and new in this car thinggy. i have a car pass down to me by my brother, its an old 2006 vios with the new face-lift thinggy...
i know that this issue have been debated, scrutinized and well written in years. But due to my non-shyness and eager to discover, i would like to ask.

1. i have read all round about spring and absorbers.. since my car is like 6 year old, which spring and and absober is suitable to be fitted in my old vios. and yes, i would like to lowered it and yes, partly comfort would gone. can anyone recommend me anything below 1.2k budget limit ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What is it you want? If only just lowering then get yourself a pair of Eibach Prokit springs and go with your stock absorber. If you want more (stiffer handling, better cornering, etc) then you're looking at a Hi-lo absorber. Many brands out there, all different characteristics. Best you test drive them all to decide. HWL, Improve, BCRacing, GAB, etc all make Hi-Lo suspensions within your budget.

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
Izso, thanks for your feedback.. i'll keep that in mind.. i guess i just goin for a low ride..

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
If you can upsize your budget a little (e.g. 500 extra), get a hi-lo adjustable since you just want to lower your car. Getting a sport spring + sport absorber if you are not satisfied with the height then nothing much can be done further. Adjustable you can adjust to what is the tyre to fender gap you prefer at least, just my opinion as I used to faced this situation in my previous car.

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
thanks for the uproot advise, i think i have concluded on what i want.. thanks again ya.. cheers..

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
lower ride =/= better performance .. sometimes it will increase the car body roll during cornering

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
u have few options actually..

1) GAB SE 15 steps hi low soft hard (body shift)
2) IMP hi low soft hard only
3) and many other brands

the first one gonna set u back around 2k.while the 2nd one cost 1380rm. (i got it for 1.2k after some negotiation). also check ur mounting bushing as well, mine crack like hell already after many years of usage.

so far, my review on the IMP is quite good..quick steering response, and the ability to absorb the shock well without ur whole dashboard feels like falling.

r u still on oem wheels or changed already?

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
namakuAriff = i change my wheel to 15 already. when i went to a accessories shop yesterday, they said that i can change spring without changing my absorber. he was saying that APM performMax is good.
xmika = just to lower the ride.
thanks for the up beat replies, knowledge.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
buy from halfcut la..got seller in mudah...goggle more,..you may lucky if can get tein or trd, cusco..i not sure,..see people sell it erlier

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
namakuAriff = i change my wheel to 15 already. when i went to a accessories shop yesterday, they said that i can change spring without changing my absorber. he was saying that APM performMax is good.
xmika = just to lower the ride.
thanks for the up beat replies, knowledge.
yes i am on 15 as well..yes u can change just the spring, using stock absorber..

i depends actually, certain people want looks, while others want to improve certain department exp. braking, handling, power, and the list goes on..its ur call anyway..gud luck bro!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
for your budget rm1.2k, i suggest u get a set of lowered springs coupled with some UR bars.
if u are running on OEM wheels then its time to get a set of 15 or 16" rims......

vios looks good on 16 or 17" wheels with skirtings & bodykit. dont over do it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You may want to reconsider APM performax again.. APM Performax are awesome springs, but to some (most people in fact) they complain that it's too low. They work great but are too low. And paired with stock abs you can expect a rough ride and shorter absorber lifespan. Long stroke abs + sport springs = uncomfy ride and quicker dying abs.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Some have no issues with the Performax low height. But if you really must go for those springs, pair it with the Performax absorber la. Longer lifespan and will be more comfy than paired with stock abs

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

compare this two pump
80l/h @ 0.3bar
60l/h @ 3bar
for injection application,which is better?
pressure is more important or the l/h?
wat if a car is fit with a 60l/h @ 3 bar internal pump in fuel tank and connect to a 80l/h @ 0.3 bar external pump near the engine bay after the fuel filter?
is it good?
or wat if from in tank pump tee-off
-one connect to engine (as original connection)
-one connect to external pump then to engine(need a check valve or not for this connection after tee-off and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience