Vios NCP150 suspension mod

May 16, 2020
hi guys, if I don't want to go for adjustables

and just want lowered look with matching absorber, which combo should I go for?

spring choice, and absorber combo..

APM/GAB/KYB/D2?....

thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi guys, if I don't want to go for adjustables

and just want lowered look with matching absorber, which combo should I go for?

spring choice, and absorber combo..

APM/GAB/KYB/D2?....

thanks
If using lowered spring you will need to match back the absorbers too. The spring rate and absorber rebound rate and length too....

quan789

May 16, 2020
If using lowered spring you will need to match back the absorbers too. The spring rate and absorber rebound rate and length too....
I just bought APM performax spring cuz many seem to be using it

but APM performax series absorber isn't available for my car

neither do other short stroke absorbers like Proride, KYB RS Ultra...

any suggestion sifu??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

any suggestion sifu??
Me not sifu lah, hope those who have done suspension setup for your car model, can chip in some suggestions....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
IMP (Improve) sports absorbers are not short stroke. Long stroke abs with short spring, whats more those APM ones which are ridiculously lowered tends to be a bad combination in handling and comfort.

any suggestion sifu??
I don't understand how APM can make springs for your car but not make absorbers. That's so weird. Unless you're using APM springs meant for another car in your Vios?

Personally I would have opted for custom suspension since you want low but without coilover harshness. People like PRS, Titan, etc all have custom absorbers that can be tweaked to suite you.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
IMP (Improve) sports absorbers are not short stroke. Long stroke abs with short spring, whats more those APM ones which are ridiculously lowered tends to be a bad combination in handling and comfort.
Means most make short springs but not short stroke absorbers?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
agreed. generally important to ensure shock travel relate to spring height to achieve good ride quality.
especially if you're aiming for significant ride height reduction

quan789

May 16, 2020

I don't understand how APM can make springs for your car but not make absorbers. That's so weird. Unless you're using APM springs meant for another car in your Vios?

Personally I would have opted for custom suspension since you want low but without coilover harshness. People like PRS, Titan, etc all have custom absorbers that can be tweaked to suite you.
ya... APM Performax series absorber is only available for up until 2nd gen Vios... not for 3rd gen....

3rd gen is not new anymore, 4th gen is all over the road now...

I wonder why

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017

I didnt know IMP is not short stroke absorbers. I assumed that since they have short springs, the absorbers would then be a short stroke :O

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If you want to have just s slight lowered or drop look, a lowering springs will give you that but you don't have much tweaking options. Or you can just go for adjustable like HWL or BC racing. Do remember that you need to look back to your geometry or your LCA and steering rack end if you going to lower a lot.

Reactions: Izso and parakey

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience