Video Presentation of The New 2010 Ferrari F1 Racer - The F10

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
<object width="100%" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLSoe2S-5V0&amp=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="100%" height="250"></object>

Ferrari became the first team to launch its 2010 car, unveiling its new F10 challenger in Maranello last week.

The car was due to get its first run on Ferrari's Fiorano test track the same afternoon, but this was called off due to the track being covered in ice. After a lacklustre performance last year, which saw the team score just one victory, it decided to scrap the development of its 2009 car mid-season and focus on the F10.

Technical director Aldo Costa said the new car has been designed from scratch around the double diffuser at the rear of the car, which was covered during the launch, and the larger fuel tank necessary under the refuelling ban. The championship hopes of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso will rest on the design and team boss Stefano Domenicali is hoping the F10 will be able to deliver.

<object width="100%" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrjfXQrb1ec&amp=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="100%" height="250"></object>

"This championship will be very important for us," Domenicali said. "The last championship, for different reasons, was not very positive. That is why we are dealing with this one looking to be competitive - and that is what Ferrari deserves.

"Fernando Alonso has been world champion twice and we want to deliver him his third title. He already appears among the champions in F1, it is the right moment for him to join us, he wants to be successful and we want to repeat the success we've had at Ferrari in the past. I think we will see a new Felipe this year. Felipe has all the assets to succeed and he has proved that he wants to continue the good work he was doing before his accident in Hungary. Good luck to both of them."

Alonso said he was proud to be a Ferrari driver and to attend his first launch with his new team.

"This is the first time I've been at a Ferrari presentation and it is very emotional for me," he said. "I want to thank the whole team because they have worked really hard in the last few months to create this new car. I also want to thank sponsors and partners as they have worked hard and they have shown a lot of passion. Felipe and I will be a very strong team and we hope we will make all the Ferrari supporters around the world very proud to see this car winning the championship."

Massa said he was excited about the prospect of getting behind the wheel of a new Ferrari.

"It is undoubtedly a great pleasure to be here at another Ferrari launch, it is a special moment because last year was very difficult," Massa said. "I had the accident and everything else that happened. I am proud and very happy and feel that I want to work harder than ever before. So I really hope that this will be a very competitive car and we will be fighting for the championship and to be on pole position."

Check out the videos above (a little boring because they are presentations of the new car) and the high-res picture gallery below to view the F10 in full.

Source: ESPNF1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

DiRT 3 is almost upon us but until we can actually trade in our cold hard cash for the game towards the end of the month, we’re going to have to make do with the trailers and teasers that were designed to do nothing but tantalise and torment us.

The third edition of the dust-kicking game takes a very gymkhana-friendly approach, which makes perfect sense considering the galactic appeal of Ken Block and his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience