Video: 2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Track Test - 420ps 6 Speed Manual

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
@Tom why do you need to heel-toe if it auto-blips? Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of the auto-blip
so even when auto blip is on, the car doesn't auto blip for you if you do it before it does.

as for why heel and toe even when there's auto blip, is for one, i don't have a built in anti-blip button so i can't just switch off the gesture,
especially when there's little time to explore and that its an exclusive event so i rather capitalize on it. secondly, i really enjoy it

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so even when auto blip is on, the car doesn't auto blip for you if you do it before it does.

as for why heel and toe even when there's auto blip, is for one, i don't have a built in anti-blip button so i can't just switch off the gesture,
especially when there's little time to explore and that its an exclusive event so i rather capitalize on it. secondly, i really enjoy it
hahaha.. good habit to have boss :driver: ok so basically it was working, you just override it. Haha!

Reactions: Tom

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
usually discouraged sadly, unless requested but the good thing is it helps to preserve the car for others in line to test
Even with it on, i noticed it does not intervene much which shows the car had great mechanical grip and you are really playing near the limit..nice.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Even with it on, i noticed it does not intervene much which shows the car had great mechanical grip and you are really playing near the limit..nice.
Yeah it hardly activates if at all, but it is very quick to cut power and reduce speed via brakes when the car detects loss of traction

the beauty of it is it allows whatever's supposed to happen,happen but slow it down enough so it doesn't actually ruin the driving experience

For example at the last lap of T11 in the video it tried to correct a slide, and although it'd reduced speed massively, it still allowed me to continue what the trajectory I wanted

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Key stake holders and industry players got together this morning at the GE-NAZA Electric Vehicle Experience, which was hosted by both General Electric (GE) as well as NAZA Group of Companies.

<!--more-->The event, part of GE’s collaboration with the NAZA Group of Companies (NAZA), was officially launched by Yang Berhormat Dato’ Sri Peter Chin Fah Kui, Minister of Energy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience