vibration from 80 to 100 kmh

james3399

Known Member
Jul 20, 2009
jb
hi guys~~am just owned atr but am feel vibration while 80kmh to 100kmh after 100kmh all back to normal~~and the vibration are strong ~~the whole front part vibrates....not the steering wheel only~~:confused::banghead:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

anyone have this problem before??

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
First, check yr wheel balancing. If its ok, then are u using aftermarket rims? U might need a center cone. My problem solved when I used the center cone to fill the gaps between the rim n yr wheel hub.

james3399

Known Member
Jul 20, 2009
jb
yes using enkie 17inch ~~is it could be driveshaft??

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

thanks bro stutzedward~~i will go and check tomorrow ~~thanks

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I had experience with bent drive shaft before. When it starts to wobble, it won't stop. It will get worse as you drive faster. So I don't think so.

When I upgraded my rims from original to 18", the shop guy asked me to put on the ring to fill the gap between the center hub and rim to avoid vibration, I did not believe him cos it wasn't not cheap. True enough, the rim vibrates from 110kph - 120kph. ANy speed before and after, it was stable, even above 180kph.

Then I got the ring installed and it resolved the problem altogether.

Best of all, the spacer I use to clear my front caliper has exactly the same gap like the center hub, so the ring works with the spacer too. :)

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
Hi James,

Do you feel this vibration only under quite strong acceleration from 80-100kmh??

If so I have exactly the same issue in my Airtrek, I usually run 18" rims but have recently swapped back to factory 16" rims and still the same issue. All the tyres balance up fine, if you accelerate slowly you don't feel the vibration.

I'm not sure if it's gearbox / torque converter, suspension bush / drivetrain related... when I fix mine I'll let you know!

james3399

Known Member
Jul 20, 2009
jb
em~~vibration less in strong acceleration~~i can felt the vibration if i drive in low rpm~~

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
em~~vibration less in strong acceleration~~i can felt the vibration if i drive in low rpm~~
I had a fouled injector causing me a similar problem. Of course its bloddy hard to diagnose without a wideband

james3399

Known Member
Jul 20, 2009
jb
update~~~i done the wheel balancing then now my car nice to drive in low rpm~~the vibration consider not at all~~then i try to speed up from 0 to 100kmh....i can felt the the strong vibration the my car reached 60kmh then the vibration gone after 80kmh~~
:banghead:

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
wah,fouled injector.running lean..lucky din fry ur piston ring.
I have a wideband so i knew something was up. Took about a week to find.

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
update~~~i done the wheel balancing then now my car nice to drive in low rpm~~the vibration consider not at all~~then i try to speed up from 0 to 100kmh....i can felt the the strong vibration the my car reached 60kmh then the vibration gone after 80kmh~~
maybe your drive shaft problem coz the simptom for drive shat problem was like that...when u start to accelerate it will vibrate higher..when u already fast the vibrate not feel..then when u slow and accelerate again u will feel again the vibrate..right?try service drive shaft..if can't it should be change laar....:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

maybe your drive shaft problem coz the simptom for drive shaft problem was like that...when u start to accelerate it will vibrate higher..when u already fast the vibrate not feel..then when u slow and accelerate again u will feel again the vibrate..right?try service drive shaft..if can't it should be change laar....:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

maybe your drive shaft problem coz the simptom for drive shaft problem was like that...when u start to accelerate it will vibrate higher..when u already fast the vibrate not feel..then when u slow and accelerate again u will feel again the vibrate..right?try service drive shaft..if can't it should be change laar....:driver:

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I once solved car vibration issues when I went to do balancing. Ah Wah told me to go to this shop in Sri Kembangan. I told him I done balancing already. He told me this shop different. I went there, and solved my car vibration issues. The shop using Hunter wheel balancing machine.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
U may wan to try taking off the wheel n run it then u know its wheel or driveshaft etc...

srh_85m

Apr 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I having simillar prblem as well... whereby i do not experiencing any vibration 109km/h and below. The vibration started above 110km/h only.. at 1st i suspect its due to alignment and balancing. The problem does not solve. what i've noticed that i accelerate the car to 160km/h and immediately i free my gear and there is no vibration on the speed and its only happened if gear engagement happened... so i do not have any clue where are the problems is... is any have any solution please do share out with me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience