Vettel explains the use of KERS and adjustable rear wing w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Red Bull Racing’s Sebastian Vettel won last week’s Formula One opening round at Australia by a massive margin and without the aid of KERS. However, he will be running it for the Malaysian round next weekend as the long straights of Sepang suites the use of KERS.

Another change for this season includes the use of an adjustable rear wing that with its pitch being adjustable by the drivers. Some of the drivers have in fact voiced displeasure at having more variable to control during the race, saying that there are just too many distractions already from the various buttons and dials on the steering wheel.

Nonetheless, KERS and the adjustable rear wing do make for more interesting overtaking, thus increasing the entertainment factor for the spectators. The KERS is technically worth a six-second, 80hp boost and the timing of its activation is just as crucial.

It can be used to sneak ahead of the grid from flag-off or just to forge ahead on the straights through sheer brute force. As helpful as it is for the offensive, it’s also pretty useful on the defensive side, coming into play to fend off overtaking maneuvers from the car behind.

The adjustable rear wing can be used as an overtaking aid as well but only at certain points in the race while a specific distance from the car in front. The wing’s pitch can be dropped to lower the wind resistance when the driver steps out of the slipstream of the driver in front.

Vettel used the video to explain a little more about the KERS and adjustable rear wing.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Ek1pluKXmU?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via Autoblog

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
seems loke F1 race is no more on the technic from the driver but the technology from the team...LOL...:sleep:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
cause this is the future...the way to keep and re-use the waste energy...its not like NOS...

but vettel did not use the KERS...lol..

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
it is like that toy race car with spring inside when u pull 2-3 times til it makes the sound krekk kreekk kreek (lol) then u release it, there u go! then u hv to repeat that again n again. i remember when i was like 8, i've done modification by cutting that spring bit shorter. it gave more torque but only can run in a short period of time... still, i won the "drag race" with my brother bcs of that. hahaha.

well.... that is KERS with much easier to understand.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Control manually... i like it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i here tat n got c it the member here of nickname by (GTR2579)
got sell the engine 4G91 1.5 TWIN CAM,but is carburetor?????
who here got c before?? is it same power of fuel injection??
which 1 better? coz my car is satria 1.3 carb,hear tat say no need much thing coz there also carburetor,only change engine n jpj register tat all,so wats ue answer is???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience