Used HWL or new MINES adjustables ??

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
The mines and many other cheap adjustable cant be serviced normally due to the seal was welded shut...as opposed to other good adjustable where the seal was shut using clip or screw cap...so when need service just open easily...while mines adjuatable need to be cut open and welded back again...those workmanship alone would make the cost higher than buying proper serviceable adjustable... :biggrin:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
^pomen_GTR^ said it right , plus heat from the weld does affect the seals even before the damper is back in service.

I went through the same learning curve, the thought of going 'budget' ended up with costlier bill at the end of the day. Simply a bad economic decision on my part.

lauyapok

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
Melaka
thx pomengtr & devious17 for all da kind advices.. looks like im goin to opt for a non adj gab sa series or save up to buy better adj abs.. have a nice day!

lauyapok

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
Melaka
ok thx for da recommendation danzeterna.. afta all da comments i believe i will opt for gab sa series.. cheap and reliable.. =D

wah mines can only last less than 1 year only?? until so bad?? u or ur fren use b4?

lauyapok

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
Melaka
thx all for da comments and suggestions!! :smokin:

conclusion is go for reputable brands.. quality don't come cheap!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience