UR rear strut bar

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Recently I bought a 2 point rear strut bar for my persona. Then I got it install at the shop I bought the bar. Then for some reasons I had to remove the bar, and when I try to fix it back I realize the bar is not straight. Its like my left side, one point for the screw is touching the body and the other point is lifting up a little and on the right side its the opposite side lifting up while one more point for the screw is touching the body..... is this normal ?

However, when I tighten down all the 4 screw point, the bar is back to contact with the strut tower fully

Last edited:

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Basically, its something like in this pic. Both of the points in the blue circle is touching the body, while the other 2 points in red circle is like lifting up a little. So would it cause any issue ? Or is it normal as long as tighten the nut in cross way

Attachments

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Not a problem at all. This is caused by the tolerance during manufacturing. Just tighten the bolts according to the specs.

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
If cannot fit or reach the bolt then there is concern......lol
Mine no problem in reaching or fitting in the bolt. In fact all 4 holes fit perfectly on the bolt. Only issue it didn't touch the strut tower at the two point before tightening it down. Hahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine no problem in reaching or fitting in the bolt. In fact all 4 holes fit perfectly on the bolt. Only issue it didn't touch the strut tower at the two point before tightening it down. Hahahaha
Then like the others also mentioned, no problem.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Recently I bought a 2 point rear strut bar for my persona. Then I got it install at the shop I bought the bar. Then for some reasons I had to remove the bar, and when I try to fix it back I realize the bar is not straight. Its like my left side, one point for the screw is touching the body and the other point is lifting up a little and on the right side its the opposite side lifting up while one more point for the screw is touching the body..... is this normal ?

However, when I tighten down all the 4 screw point, the bar is back to contact with the strut tower fully

How long were you using the strut bar before you removed it? The purpose the bar is to transfer the forces of one side of the car to the other and all that so since this bar is meant to stiffen the two sides (or something like that la... my physics not that good) the bar will eventually deform based on the forces exerted on the bar. You remove it then you'll see how twisted the bar actually gets (meaning it's working) which is also why people recommend using a solid bar rather than those 3 point bars that are connected with bolts. The forces on the bolts will be enormous.

Anyway, since it'll deform with time, taking it out means it won't be a straightforward reinstall. If you took it out due to accident - I wouldn't use the bar anymore btw.

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
How long were you using the strut bar before you removed it? The purpose the bar is to transfer the forces of one side of the car to the other and all that so since this bar is meant to stiffen the two sides (or something like that la... my physics not that good) the bar will eventually deform based on the forces exerted on the bar. You remove it then you'll see how twisted the bar actually gets (meaning it's working) which is also why people recommend using a solid bar rather than those 3 point bars that are connected with bolts. The forces on the bolts will be enormous.

Anyway, since it'll deform with time, taking it out means it won't be a straightforward reinstall. If you took it out due to accident - I wouldn't use the bar anymore btw.
I removed it after using it like for less than a month. Actually I did few modifications on the audio system of the car before moving into handling upgrades. So I had this custom made amp mounting board at the boot. Want to remove the board and the amp, so had to take out this bar. That's when I realised this issue.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Recently I had enough of my NA-ed 4G93P engine. I want to add a turbocharger to it.

Please don't mind my noob-ness, but the questions are, what turbocharger to get?

Do I need a waste-gate?

Also, if the inter-cooler is important, should I get a really good one? (more expensive :( )

Do I have to throw away my old 4-2-1 extractor?

My car is auto, I don't plan to change it to a manual transmission, so I should probably just install a not very high end turbocharger?

I heard that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience