Uploader admits Viral McLaren skateboard attack a spoof!!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Some of you might now be upset knowing that the skateboard attack on this MP4-12C's windshield a few days ago was indeed a hoax, wondering if anything in this world is genuine anymore.

Well, that's the case now with the video. For those who missed the incident, you can watch it below:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l7yt-VPYtOA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="700"></iframe>

There are keen viewers that are already in doubt of the video's verity and there's just one thing missing; the uploader's confession.

Apparently, the uploader, Paul Gonzo confessed in an email to Jalopnik.com. The uploader whose real name Carlo Gonzalez says in the email:

"We did this as a simple spoof with zero intent to have the video go viral. In fact, this was the very first video I have EVER posted on YouTube. I myself rarely ever get on YouTube to watch videos. And just to clarify, the windshield on the McLaren was ALREADY CRACKED from a big rock chip a few weeks back.

It was scheduled to get replacement the day after we filmed the video. We just decided to have a little innocent fun among ourselves. Everyone in the video knows each other."

The video is admittedly staged to have a bit of fun and the Mclaren's windshield was already cracked from a few weeks before, and thankfully no one in the video was hurt.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience