upgrade for accord S84

choon meng

Jun 9, 2009
good day to all sifu, i have a 2000 accord 2.0 sohc accord. lately the gear box start to complain me. i think is time to chage it. but i have a idea to upgrade the half cut engine like h22a + mt . any good work shop to modify and which half cut is suitable for this chasis?

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
hai bro.

where's your location?

there are a few options to upgrade your CF9/0/1/2

CF4 SiR-T : F20B + T2T4 LSD
BB6 SiR: H22A
BB6 SiR S-Spec: H22A + LSD (red top, 220PS)
CL1 Euro R: H22A + T2W4 LSD (red top, 220PS)

All the above are OBD-II, manual.

If you want to retain the automatic (since your chassis is automatic), you can go for:

CF4 SiR: F20B (tiptronic)
BB6 SiR: H22A (tiptronic)
CH9 SiR: H23A (tiptronic)

you can opt for the OBD-I H22A's from either the BB1/4 Preludes or CD6/8/CF2 Accords. But none are tiptronic.

choon meng

Jun 9, 2009
thank you bien335, i'm in k.l. area. any wiring or engine mounting problem with half cut above? any workshop recommend?

choon meng

Jun 9, 2009
BAD NEWS ...
FROM THOSE PART DISASSEMBLE FROM BOTH CHASIS. IT IS NOTING MUCH ARE COMPATIBLE.
THE THING CAN USED FROM THE EURO R CAN USE IN S84 ARE VERY LITTLE. ONLY THE ENGINE, GEAR BOX DISC BRAKE SYSTEM..
OTHERS MAIN THING LIKE DRIVE SHAFT ALSO CAN NOT USE , MAYBE TO CUSTOM MADE FOR IT!!
ECU ALSO NOT USE, ELECTRIC POWER STEERING SYSTEM CAN NOT USE, SUSPENSION & UPPER LOWER ARM + KNUCKLE CAN NOT USE
CROSSMEMBER + STABILIZER BAR CAN NOT USE
DASH BOARD (OF COURSE) CAN NOT USE
RESTRUCTURE POWER STEERING PUMP..ETC ETC...:banghead:

pretender

Apr 2, 2007
BAD NEWS ...
THE THING CAN USED FROM THE EURO R CAN USE IN S84 ARE VERY LITTLE. ONLY THE ENGINE, GEAR BOX DISC BRAKE SYSTEM..
OTHERS MAIN THING LIKE DRIVE SHAFT ALSO CAN NOT USE , MAYBE TO CUSTOM MADE FOR IT!!
ECU ALSO NOT USE, ELECTRIC POWER STEERING SYSTEM CAN NOT USE, SUSPENSION & UPPER LOWER ARM + KNUCKLE CAN NOT USE
Which halfcut model did you get?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
oic. i didnt know this. i thought its the same. i think its the same case as civic eg n civic ek. have u already bought the halfcut? if yes, what u plan to do now bro? any pics on the rebuild?

choon meng

Jun 9, 2009
it is totally different chasis. include the euro-r brake paddle also can not use!!! luckily the clutch paddle + pump still can fit in...

pretender

Apr 2, 2007
BAD NEWS ...
Its amazing that so many things are different, maybe u should come out with a list of 'what to do' if there is someone going for a project like urs. Photos of the buildup will help too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all

My friend using a gen-2, now he wanna have some modification (remained as AT), since gen2 is kinda new in mod market, so i really need the help from all experienced personnel here. He got 2 options to go:

1. Use the original engine, reset of ori computer, port & polished, lightened piston, conrod and crank shaft balancing, this mod ll carry out by CM racing JB, according to the mech, they ll use the existing parts and do some modification to make it lighter and stronger...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience