UnderTree Mechanic - DIY Videos

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
After an accident one is good.

Some knows but the leverage is not there. If 3 years never remove lug nuts before, its quite hard lolol
i have watched ppl b4. Mau jack, unsure mana jacking point... then the fella jacked the car up and tried to loosen the bolts when the wheel in in the air, futile attempt as the whole wheel started turning also dont know why he insisted on trying to insert the centre cap onto the spare space saver wheel (also a futile attempt) when he was done

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Memang pun. He has no shame.

Neither do I.

I have a suggestion, we need video on:
How to jump start a car (and how NOT TO jump start a car)
How to change a spare
What to do after an accident in Malaysia ( DO NOT LET TOW CAR TOUTS TOW YOUR CAR, call your insurance and send it back to manufacturer)
jump start an electric car, hybrid car or new tech car

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
I stopped buying tools from Mr DIY after one of my open ended wrenches deformed and became a size bigger after I tried to remove a nut. Luckily it didn't strip the nut.
I just use their ratchet. seems decent quality. socket i use one buy from normal hardware. my mechanic always quote "better the tools broken then the nut".

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
After an accident one is good.

Some knows but the leverage is not there. If 3 years never remove lug nuts before, its quite hard lolol
eh jom. Let's do this video. I help you video it - and considering how much lighter you are compared to me, you can demo how to remove over tightened lug nights.

jump start an electric car, hybrid car or new tech car
Uh.... you find someone to loan him one and he'll probably do it. HAHAHAHA

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
good stuff guys, maybe you can consider offering your mechanic services here too
my current mechanic now already upgrade to a proper workshop from under tree. one old uncle mechanic just pass away few months ago. he also under the tree mechanic with proper knowledge and friendly.

Reactions: minibeany and Tom

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Last week, my daughter informed me, she was at stall, saw a man trying to remove a flat tyre for his female friend using the tools from the car. He tried and tried, then was about to give up. My daughter got to her car and took out steel pipe, walk over to them ask them try. The man smile, ah I need this, but the female looked stumped. Then the man attached the pipe as an extension and remove the lug nut. Then only the female friend say, oh.....hahhahaha

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Last week, my daughter informed me, she was at stall, saw a man trying to remove a flat tyre for his female friend using the tools from the car. He tried and tried, then was about to give up. My daughter got to her car and took out steel pipe, walk over to them ask them try. The man smile, ah I need this, but the female looked stumped. Then the man attached the pipe as an extension and remove the lug nut. Then only the female friend say, oh.....hahhahaha
Yeap, i showed this in the X70 video.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
New followup video is up
I wonder how much difference will it be if both cars are using the same tires.

Initial bite of ori brakes is better but braking power very much remain the same after the initial bite. For aftermarket pad ( i used Trestor too ) very2, very2 inexperienced driver will say brake tak makan. This is much more evident for city cars.

What i love abt Trestor pads is that the hotter it gets, the better it perform. Of course thats until one exceed the limit which is very hard to do on a daily car.

I am curious as to why some brand of pads comes with some sort of backing plate material (fells like some sort of foam/silicone) but some dont.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wonder how much difference will it be if both cars are using the same tires.

Initial bite of ori brakes is better but braking power very much remain the same after the initial bite. For aftermarket pad ( i used Trestor too ) very2, very2 inexperienced driver will say brake tak makan. This is much more evident for city cars.

What i love abt Trestor pads is that the hotter it gets, the better it perform. Of course thats until one exceed the limit which is very hard to do on a daily car.

I am curious as to why some brand of pads comes with some sort of backing plate material (fells like some sort of foam/silicone) but some dont.
What model Trestor are you using? I am using Trestor Blue Advantage, the older model. New model I think they drop the blue now called Trestor Advantage. Previous 3 sets of Bendix MK, MK Gold and MK Titanium. Trestor Advantage to me very much better since bite from cold. Bendix I need to warm them up first......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eg9 bodykit wanted especially seat n spoiler..contact me = 0129345136
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience