Ultra Racing, user experience please?

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
cool thread,

i got a quick question... does your car tend to make alot of squiking sound with 4 point struts and 4 point lower bar (below the engine)?

cos i didnt feel much after installing the 4 point UR struts... but once i install the cusco 4 point lower bar, right after driving out the workshop my car tend to make alot of noise, squiking everywhere, everytime i go on the hump, take the corner... some friends say cos the body tends to flex, but due to the bars it holds rigid, so it squiks... i dono if my hi-low is leaking or what...

advice pls...

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
actually, all types of chassis has their maximum limits, a driver should push the car to the max in an open area, understands how the car reacts. then keep trying n adapt the most suitable way to drive the car. after numerous attempt, finally rectifying the car's weakness (eg: under, over, fishtailing, unpredictable out of the corner pull, etc)

then only comes to adding bars to correct the problem. it could be problem with the absorbers' rate, it maybe need harder springs, or u need LSD to pull urself out of the corner perfectly. then sellecting he correct size of rims and tyres.

LASTLY, only that u add bars. thats the proper way of tuning a car handling. simply adding bars only gives u more rigid feeling, its not 100% helping your handling.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
But if the chassis is flexing, the suspension tuning isnt going to be accurate right?

Like if the strut mounts on top flex due to the stiffness of the suspension... Suspension tuning is so confusing :hmmmm2:

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if your chassis DONT flex, can crack lor.....hehe.....anyway what i shared is proper way la. u can always straight away bolt on strut bars and see what happens.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
bcoz our is street legal car...we can onli add strut bar to make the chassis stronger...those track car spot welded and full roll cage bar is even stronger needless 2 say...the stiffer the chasis,the more feedback u get from steering...jap gt car like to make their car floor pan as stiff as possible bcoz of tis
spoon boss also praises honda city/jazz chassis bcoz it come wit very stiff floor pan,double layer construction and 3d design of the main frame
chassis crack is due to body flex

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Look at all the 'Sifus' having a go at each other, but who really is the real Wong Fei Hung ? LOL

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
even ferrari flexs, fiat coupe flexs, and alot car meant to flex. u can ask a guy called canken, what happened to his putra over-stiffened with strutbars.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
I would only can say...Anti-roll cage is more significant in terms of stability...
Normal stabilizer bar aren't that big difference...
But u may safer when accident...Haha!!!

basis

Aug 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guy
I had UR bar, front top bar and back bar install in my 2 car, Myvi and Matrix, It make hell of difference in handling term. Myvi corner kuchai lama to NPE tool at 100KM stable , before 80KM skid like hell. No more , same as matrix, used to be 100KM now 140KM still stable.

Bad thing, whole car stiffen can feel the yellow line infront of the sunway entry.

But no regret ..:driver::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience