Ultra Racing, user experience please?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
boss, body roll means more 'instability' not stability

just wondering how come with more 'instability' u can have better corner entry
sorry dude...

Well i mean if there is combination with adj absorber, harder spring rate & rigidity
ur handling response will understeer...
isn't it?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
from what i noe la...most track cars have super kaw hard spring rates, and roll cages for rigidity

oh well...not a racer so i donno haha

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
my major problem is, i dunno WHAT to change/mod/add-on to improve my car's handling. i dunno much about cars. maybe put into scenario and question...
1. going into a corner, the car feel like going to flip-over due to the weight. already once or twice i hear the rear wheel(tyre?) skid in middle of a corner (its a long corner) so i quickly release gas pedal
2. question on chassis rigidity... they always say car chassis flex when taking corners, will the body flex back into normal position after we finish the corner?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
ur rigidity won't cause much unless hi speed handling!!!

Change to sport spring 1st!!!
If still unstatisfy then change to adj...
Use 15 or 16" rims with flat surface tyres (my-o1, Yokohama, Advan neova) bu shorter life span!!!

But stiff car aren' comfort!!!

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
ur rigidity won't cause much unless hi speed handling!!!

Change to sport spring 1st!!!
If still unstatisfy then change to adj...
Use 15 or 16" rims with flat surface tyres (my-o1, Yokohama, Advan neova) bu shorter life span!!!

But stiff car aren' comfort!!!
yes yes, the tyres i already decided to change to 15" rims with proper tyres as soon as the current ones wear out :proud: (already feel so happy) but regarding sport springs hor, this part i need to compromise la... not that i dont like low-riding, stiff suspensions, BUT... the place i live, the roads very rough and some parts got rough bumps (rough, uneven road conditions eventhough is made of tar) so i shun the idea of too hard suspensions, else my dashboard will rattle even worse (now already rattle rattle). i love my wira so i intend to keep it for as long as i could, even when the roads no more wira! (ka pui) :driver:

i've read in forums about this A-Fuji gas absorbers, how are they? heard gas is harder/stiff than normal oil ones, so will this help improve handling even a bit, if i keep stock springs? mine is 1.5

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
no idea with that A-Fuji!!!
Gas is stiffer than hydraulic...but well maintenance & longer life span mah!!!

What's ur budget?
Can consider GAB sport asb!?!?
But definately a bit stiffer!!!

Need some exp. guy to advice the combination...
Hafiz4G91 is using mixed with honda spring...ucan ask him geh!!!

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Adjustables are good in performance but will make ur interior rattle more....
Maybe you should consider stiffer sport springs, and maybe aftermarket absorbers....
Lower profile tires help a little in cornerings, too....
But, since you have the ability to drive till feel like the car wanna flip over and skid in long corners, i doubt that sport springs' performance will satisfy you....:biggrin:

joexxo

Sep 10, 2005
cheras
bro,
try this.... put in rm20.00 fuel then pay rm5.00 gombak toll then u speed to bentung toll. gombak toll to terowong speed should not less than 120kmh after terowong try to maintain 130kmh till toll karak. then make a u-turn n come back to gombak. i've done this every month for the past 3 - 4 months ago. my ride is se limited with gab adjustable (rm1750.00-4yrs old) making my ride is standing 1 1/2 over the tyre at the arch. then im using ur racing on the fender, 3 point front bar and 2 point absorber bar left to right. rim 15/6.5/195 bridgestones my01. if u can do this with stock then u no need to put anything else to ur ride. if not fender bar rm180.00, front bar rm150.00, bonet bar which hold the tyre arch rm150.00 and if possible room middle bar rm150.00-

then u do the trip again. feel the difference eventhough u might get rm300.00 speedtrap fine summons near the kg orang asli after the jambatan timbang jpj, at the 3rd corner after the terowong towards bentung and right after the 11th corner after terowong towards bentung. oh ya another one after bentung toll after the 2nd corner.

(mungkin ada yg akan kata me cakap besar but karak highway is the best area to test ur ride and i really do this every month as my kg is temerloh.)

p/s : but becareful at the corner near junction to institut aminudin baki towards bentung and the other side towards gombak too. this corner is a bit weird.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
bro,
try this.... put in rm20.00 fuel then pay rm5.00 gombak toll then u speed to bentung toll. gombak toll to terowong speed should not less than 120kmh after terowong try to maintain 130kmh till toll karak. then make a u-turn n come back to gombak. i've done this every month for the past 3 - 4 months ago. my ride is se limited with gab adjustable (rm1750.00-4yrs old) making my ride is standing 1 1/2 over the tyre at the arch. then im using ur racing on the fender, 3 point front bar and 2 point absorber bar left to right. rim 15/6.5/195 bridgestones my01. if u can do this with stock then u no need to put anything else to ur ride. if not fender bar rm180.00, front bar rm150.00, bonet bar which hold the tyre arch rm150.00 and if possible room middle bar rm150.00-

then u do the trip again. feel the difference eventhough u might get rm300.00 speedtrap fine summons near the kg orang asli after the jambatan timbang jpj, at the 3rd corner after the terowong towards bentung and right after the 11th corner after terowong towards bentung. oh ya another one after bentung toll after the 2nd corner.

(mungkin ada yg akan kata me cakap besar but karak highway is the best area to test ur ride and i really do this every month as my kg is temerloh.)

p/s : but becareful at the corner near junction to institut aminudin baki towards bentung and the other side towards gombak too. this corner is a bit weird.
U should have better feel if u r using AD07!?!

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
Adjustables are good in performance but will make ur interior rattle more....
Maybe you should consider stiffer sport springs, and maybe aftermarket absorbers....
Lower profile tires help a little in cornerings, too....
But, since you have the ability to drive till feel like the car wanna flip over and skid in long corners, i doubt that sport springs' performance will satisfy you....:biggrin:
i dont think i drive very fast la, but i guess the body wanna rollover and tyre skid is because... my car is 100% stock? some more, my tyres are continental brand, i think this one grip like kinda bad, always skid skid.

Bump:
bro,

i'm not from that area, from melaka...so might be problematic if i wanna try that road :banghead: but even if i can try, i dont think i dare to make U-turn at anything more than 100kph! i think my car sure flip over like turtle??? my rear starts to "jump jump" road at about 90kph corners. if i keep 85kph usually can make it but depend on road slanting up or down lor... anyway, after reading more online, i think i sud install anti-roll-bar at the REAR first. coz i dont have lots of money. UR one already RM380... :adore:

Last edited:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
i dont think i drive very fast la, but i guess the body wanna rollover and tyre skid is because... my car is 100% stock? some more, my tyres are continental brand, i think this one grip like kinda bad, always skid skid.

Bump:

i'm not from that area, from melaka...so might be problematic if i wanna try that road :banghead: but even if i can try, i dont think i dare to make U-turn at anything more than 100kph! i think my car sure flip over like turtle??? my rear starts to "jump jump" road at about 90kph corners. if i keep 85kph usually can make it but depend on road slanting up or down lor... anyway, after reading more online, i think i sud install anti-roll-bar at the REAR first. coz i dont have lots of money. UR one already RM380... :adore:
Why not front 1st?

Sport spring should enogh for ur ride!
If u r not intend to perform hi speed especially Genting up/down hill road!!!
;)

Good luck!!!

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
Why not front 1st?

Sport spring should enogh for ur ride!
If u r not intend to perform hi speed especially Genting up/down hill road!!!
;)

Good luck!!!
ARB for the front is better than rear? i thought ARB usually for rear, OMG i think got lots to learn from all of u :adore:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
The stiffer the front of a car is = More understeer at the Start of the turn, but more stable
The stiffer the rear of a car is = More oversteer/responsiveness at the start of the turn but less stable :biggrin:

Just my 2 cents, correct me if im wrong...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

According to GTChannel.com, Toyota is seriously thinking of building a cheap RWD car, barely below USD16k, following their glory of the famous AE86 in the 80s and the lately drift fashion.

Nevertheless, we shall wait and see how Toyota able to produce a FR with such low cost and aiming at younger generation to own a sport coupe.

Source: GT Channel.com
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience