twin cabin turbo vs evo turbo......need help sifu

andy_aikau

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
i have some information from turbo sifus out there.

1. i need some explanation for turbo different of cars like ford ranger, toyota hilux and other with cars like evos,skyline gtr and others.......
2. can sifu here explain me about the different......
3. i also would like to know how strong does the turbo for that twin cabin compare to those powerful cars........which one is stronger/powerful?
4. can the turbo in twin cabin be as powerful as those evos car?
5. if i want to make the turbo as powerful as evos car, what do i need to modified/change and how much will it cost to do so?

i hope our sifu2 out there can help me with this, i am zero with this turbo knowledge.....so need some knowledge here.....tq...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
wow u want to make your twin cabin as evo??!!?

Twin cabin turbo is just a tiny little turbo help to improve the pick up of the heavy car.
Compare to evo, gtr turbo is nothing, they are in different class, mean for different use.

andy_aikau

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
actually i am not going to make that twin cabin as powerful as evo.....but just to understand the actual concept of the turbo for that twin cabin . coz i dont really feel the turbo . so any sifu out there plz help me with this......

** i can make that twin cabin as powerful as evo sure i want to try too......but for now just want to know the info .....

anyway thanks bro.....

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
andy_aikau said:
i have some information from turbo sifus out there.

1. i need some explanation for turbo different of cars like ford ranger, toyota hilux and other with cars like evos,skyline gtr and others.......
2. can sifu here explain me about the different......
3. i also would like to know how strong does the turbo for that twin cabin compare to those powerful cars........which one is stronger/powerful?
4. can the turbo in twin cabin be as powerful as those evos car?
5. if i want to make the turbo as powerful as evos car, what do i need to modified/change and how much will it cost to do so?

i hope our sifu2 out there can help me with this, i am zero with this turbo knowledge.....so need some knowledge here.....tq...
is ur twin cabin diesel? cuz most diesel engines have turbo. a turbo in a diesel engine can increase power up to 50% becuz of the way a diesel engine works. a diesel engine creates power by compression. the higher the compression, the more power it produces.

anyways, a turbo in a hilux, ford ranger and such is very different from a turbo in other peformance cars such as evo and skyline. in an evo or skyline, u can actually feel the turbo kicking in.

and no, i don't think u can make it as powerful as an evo or skyline. it's not meant to b driven that way. if you want, get an evo or skyline instead :)

andy_aikau

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
thanks for the info bro...........i have no knowledge about turbo works......i just wanna know if that twin cabin can kick as evo turbo...if not as powerful as that can it be more powerful that the stock turbo in that car?......and what does the different with diesel turbo on toyota hilux, ford ranger and such compare to evo and skyline.......?can any sifu outthere gimme some info bout that.......or any suggested website so i can gain more info bout this kind of turbo.......thanks....

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
turbo in twin cabin make the heavy truck not so slow for pick up, but its useless during 4th & 5th gear...due to the size of the turbo its no more kick in 4 & 5 th gear, i always stuck in 120km/h, its very slow to increase the speed when u reach there.

Where as the turbo in evo, skyline etc....is much larger, it have much more top end power compare to twin cabins'

There are mean for two different purpose, one for making a heavy truck got better pick up power, the other one increase the overall performance of a highly performance car.

** i can make that twin cabin as powerful as evo sure i want to try too......but for now just want to know the info .....

I dont think u can achieve it, 1st of all twin cabin is so heavy compare to evo, 2nd the size of the tyre....maybe fit with NOS then can have a match.

Btw, in Australia, there is a special race for truck...something look like proton arena, that type of truck. But they are all V8 power :D

Sep 20, 2005
perak
wow..

hye newbiees.. here... ermmm still blur:secruity: .. about the twin cabin turbo ? why is it called twin cabin turbo? is it the same with twin turbo concept in the gasoline engine ? ermm and then what is actually a twin turbo? using two turbine i guess rite?and is it used the same concept as turbo which uses the exhaust gas to spin out the compresser blade? or its just like a superchager kind of things?
:smile: just want to know more.....

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
twin cabin is a 4x4 truck or "sporty/nice" looking truack. Twin cabin turbo is the turbo that used in the truck :biggrin: .....not twin turbo...yup all turbo using exhaust gas to kick in the turbine

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
i think can...
make a twin turbo configuration
with big n small turbo that spin at different rpm range....

plz correct me if i wrong

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kia Motors has revealed technical details of its new 8-speed (!) automatic transmission especially for their front-wheel-drive (FWD) cars.

The new 8AT will see its inaugural application in the 2017 Kia Cadenza before making its way into other mid- and full-size FWD vehicle.

Developed in-house by the Korean car manufacturer, this achievement follows the experience and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience