Tuning with E85(Ethanol) nets big power

APTuning

Known Member
but in Msia why E85 ? , we do not have snow or cold weather, we should be running e98 :P
Try get it e98 and compare with e85 on your tuning.
The black satria Jmf use e85 not e98.you can smell...ask that guy.:biggrin:

be careful with the grade ethanol there are 3 types 97.9%,98.9% and 99.9%.
97 and 98(same as Methanol Industrial) have a lot of water mixed, miss firing on high boost and high rev engine.the wrong choice will cause the engine breaks

Last edited:

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
I have used the mixture of Ethanol and Gasoline (E85-E90) also neat ethanol E99.99 for my drag car. The most important thing is your fuel system setup. It required around 20%-30% more depend on the blend. Set up the fuel system correctly and you will get the benefit of using it. Boost it to the Moon.

APTuning

Known Member
Last edited:

angkelfake

Oct 25, 2004
when I went down to the SDB, I smell two cars use Etahnol, black saria JMF intake, Motec Silver Honda EG.
We can supply for you and someone for tuning research for race.Pls let me know how many barrel you need.

Small injectors stock engine, you give more pressure on your regulator.
If you are running aftermarket ECU,add 20-25% rich AFR on Idle compare with Gasoline
Example Gasoline 14.7 afr on idle,Ethanol must 13.0-12.5 afr.But depends on your Compression rasio
Also recomended to change bigger Injectors 1000cc or 1500cc.
Single Walbro pump are good enough for street race 500hp motors.
interesting... we've been doing research on producing e85 here in m'sia with 2 different agencies... the 1st phase (producing) has just been completed last year, and most probably we're gonna continue our r&d on the application..

say if this r&d of ours do continue, can u help out in the modification parts?

been thinking of using a stock standard gen2, a NA modified engine (maybe vtec) and an upgraded turbocharged engine (maybe an evo 3 or sr20det or rb25)

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

oh yea.. and another thing is... the ecu... do we have to swap it? or do certain remapping or so?

APTuning

Known Member
interesting... we've been doing research on producing e85 here in m'sia with 2 different agencies... the 1st phase (producing) has just been completed last year, and most probably we're gonna continue our r&d on the application..

say if this r&d of ours do continue, can u help out in the modification parts?

been thinking of using a stock standard gen2, a NA modified engine (maybe vtec) and an upgraded turbocharged engine (maybe an evo 3 or sr20det or rb25)

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

oh yea.. and another thing is... the ecu... do we have to swap it? or do certain remapping or so?
All Engine can use E85 and make a better power and good torque.Yes have to remapping or swap to standalone ECU.Bigger Injectors.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
bro APTuning....since u have experience in tuning ethanol e85 can u comments about different of a/f ratio compared to normal pure petrol.....

like as example if running pure petrol a/f ratio around 14:1 then how about the a/f of same engine and configuration when on e85?

e85 also allows more aggressive ignition timing rite??? :adore:

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Pls look the table.
but the difference CR for ignition timimg.
High Octane more aggressive .
Please clear my confusion you mean to say with RON 97 AFR of a boosted car on idle should be 14:1 or 15:1 depending upon engine to engine and on boost AFR should be between 11:1 or 11.5:1. When we opt for E85 so the AFR on idle should be 13:1 or 13.5:1 and with boost it should be around 10:1 or near ? Am I right ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been searching high and low for those transparent plastic/acrylic office blind rod which enables u to open or close the blinds. I wanna know where in KL or PJ can get it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience