TUFOIL TRIVIA

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Exactly how fast do piston rings wear out ?

Over a year ago at a workshop I had bumped into a Waja owner. According to him and the foreman, during his second oil change while the car was still new, he was unlucky to have used up a bottle of branded semi syn oil which he suspected was fake. The car had to be overhauled at only 10,000 km!

Heat from high tropical temperatures and daily jams kills most engines. By the way, the luxury limousine -for- hire operator for hotels in KL's golden triangle changes oil at 5,000km and is starting to use Tufoil for better protection.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Last month I spotted a brand new white Nissan Frontier Diesel 2.5 SUV ( probably WMD 4061 or something like this ) in front of my boneshaker at Segambut. At the back of this vehicle is an oval shaped decal made of soft transparent nylon like the rectangular Perodua badge you see at the back of the car.

Now this decal is already about 10 years old. Yes, it's is a Tufoil decal and the vehicle owner proudly displayed it at the back for all to see. Obviously, he must have been a satisfied Tufoil user or that he just loved the product. To this Frontier owner, I salute you for your great faith and pride in Tufoil.

There are also many who are using it on the quiet. Just an example, there is an ex-government civil servant a name most certainly known to all households in Malaysia regularly using Tufoil on his Mercedes E280 and that of all his children and grandchildren's cars. This Raja whom I had met at a workshop is such a humble person although his signature struck fear in the hearts of many.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Can Tufoil gives more mileage per tankful of petrol for a Waja ?

There is this Waja owner who keeps telling me that the amount of petrol consumed for a trip from Johore Baru to KL is only one quarter of the fuel gauge indicator i.e. the first marking.

Obviuosly, I do not believe in his claims although I have never driven a Waja or even sat inside one. But he is adamant about it.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
His name is Sallehudin.

Before, he used to ride a RM 120,000 Honda Gold Wing with a bottle of Tufoil added to the crankcase. Yesterday, I realised he has since switched to a brand new Kawasaki 1200 with 4 pistons. Now this bike has also Tufoil in the engine. This is no surprise to you and me by now. The most interesting thing is that you will find on this 250 kph midnight blue street burner, Tufoil stickers, both big and small ( more than a dozen ) all stuck on almost every inch of the painted surface and also on the clear plastic rain shield.

Very passionate is this easy rider for Tufoil that he has to do it in the street. Next time should you chance to glance at this bike at the traffic lights, do know that this is a cool guy who will readily shake your hand and tell you of his love for Tufoil. Otherwise, how do one explain the many stickers on the brand new paintwork?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Two weeks ago I caught Mahmoud buying a bottle of Tufoil.in a retail outlet He is an expatriate lecturer in robotics at a local university.

Mahmoud has already used several bottles of Tufoil in his Proton. His impression? The car can be started at 4 a.m. and immediately be driven away with use of Tufoil. Before, he had to wait and warm up the engine otherwise the car will be sputtering and jerking madly as it is being driven away.Mahmoud also mentioned of increased torque, smoothness and fuel economy.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
How does one describe the smoothness of an engine enhanced with Tufoil?

Mr. Franklin Reick, Tufoil inventor and world-renown lubrication scientist has this to say about the smoothness.

" ..... it's like a hot knife cutting through butter "

Anybody with something interesting to say or share?

evoace

Known Member
Jul 21, 2006
Focalpoint,

Since tufoil is a smoothener, so what viscosity rate engine oil to be used?

Last edited:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Use the viscosity that is most suited to your engine condition. Play by ear as the situation allows you. Otherwise, follow the car handbook. Because no 2 engines are similar, it is very hard to recommend a standard viscosity type for a car model.

evoace

Known Member
Jul 21, 2006
Use the viscosity that is most suited to your engine condition. Play by ear as the situation allows you. Otherwise, follow the car handbook. Because no 2 engines are similar, it is very hard to recommend a standard viscosity type for a car model.

Yes I know that, just wanna to know any particular oil suit tufoil.

Should buy a cheaper than Mobil 1 to use with tufoil?

Can extend the oil change interval after adding tufiol?

Actually I oredi added tufoil in my engine today...the lube is very thick...like glue..
and I am using full syn 5w50, lets see got difference in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
For our own cars, a semi syn with Tufoil will do. But our all time favorite is still a 10W30 oil.However, it is important to stress here that this is a very personal opinion for this viscosity may or may not give you the best result you had hoped for.Over 10 years ago, when we were pushing US-made 10W30 oils, mechanics were adamant that these oils were only for Kancils. You will need plenty of luck to find a Mira in America.Besides, new BMW cars are now into 10W30 and Alpina, 0W30.

On oil change intervals, we change at 5000 - 6000 km.There are those who change beyond this mileage because their engine oil is still clean or that they still feel the oomph with Tufoil inside.Play by ear and always never failing to check dipstick levels.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Some 3 months ago, thieves broke into a black Perdana Turbo and stole the expensive stereo and even the oil catch tank was not spared. There were 3 bottles of Tufoil in the boot. It's takeaway, too. They too are well-informed or must have read the threads here.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Today we received a registered mail from Kampar with a bank draft for RM 60. The letter was typed in the old way using a manual typewriter, a dinosaur of yore! The writer is just asking for a bottle of Tufoil to be sent to him.

In the letter he has recorded that this is the 6th bottle that he has purchased from us. All previous purchases were accompanied by the usual reistered letters done with a manual typewriter. Kudos to you Mr. Chang for all your confidence and loyalty on Tufoil. Mr. Chang ( we have never met him ) we guess is senior in age and the manual typewriter indeed gives a clue on his occupational pursuit. Yes, he is a Petition Writer and we are very proud of him indeed. For those of you in Kampar, do check him out. There are many stories waiting to be told and Tufoil will be one of them most certainly.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
The previous record for the largest quantity of Tufoil purchased by an individual for own use was 18units of the 8 oz. bottles. He is a senior citizen who loves motoring a lot more than the younger ones.

Recently, this record was broken by an expatriate retired aircraft engineer under MM2H who purchased 8.28 litres. The latter had been a faithful Tufoil user for over 10 years and according to him, his diesel pick-up truck runs like " benzene " with Tufoil on-board! A big thank you, Mr. Alawi.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Yesterday at a shopping mall in Setia Alam, I chanced upon a box of Tufoil with the opening top flap ripped off. And on closer examination, the black bottle was still inside. However, much to my amusement the Tufoil vinyl sticker stored inside was taken away. Interesting indeed. Whoever, the brave and over-excited enthusiast, I am willing to keep some stickers for your fancy. There is no need to do crazy stuff like this for others will just not buy this bottle even though it is new and unopened.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
She ran a successful workshop for some 25 years in Kajang and felt it was time to pass this business over to someone else. Just 2 months back she sold lock, stock and barrel the complete ultra moden service centre together with all the spare parts and tyres, equipment etc while the old staff continues their service with the new owner.

Guess what? Although she surrenderd ALL the spare parts and machines, she took with her all the unsold bottles of Tufoil for own use. We salute and would like to thank her for her support for so many years in the Kajang area. Happy retirement, our old customer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a feature of MadMike's MadBul, the awesome FD3S equipped with 26B normally aspirated rotary engine pushing upwards of 600 horses. This is arguably the epitome of rotary and FD3S goodness, the sound of it is ungodly awesome and in my honest opinion puts any engine to shame.

MadMike with MadBul...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience