Tribunal orders student to pay RM1,980

ZeroDet

Known Member
May 21, 2009
KL
SOURCE : Student ordered to pay RM1,980

TAWAU: A 22-year-old university student was yesterday ordered by the Consumer Claims Tribunal to pay, within 14 days, a total of RM1,980 to the buyer of a broken Nissan Skyline HKS Twin Plate Clutch set that was advertised on the student’s website.

The amount included the item’s price of RM1,800 and postage of RM180 paid by claimant, Teh Jin Shoon, 29, for its delivery.

Tribunal President Datuk Dr Lawrence Sh. Thien, who was told that the student, Ammar Izzuddin, had helped his friend to advertise and sell the broken Nissan Skyline HKS Twin Plate Clutch set on his website, said the respondent could only get back the item after Teh has received the money from him, and any postal charges are to be borne by the student.

Teh said he purchased the Nissan Skyline HKS Twin Plate Clutch set on December 3 last year, but received the item in a worn out condition on December 7 last year though the advertiser of the item claimed it was in 80 to 90 per cent good condition.

Besides, it does not belong to the vehicle model stated in the advertisement on the website, he said.

“Therefore, I wish to claim for not getting the actual item,” he said.

Meanwhile, Ammar claimed that the item did not belong to him and he was only helping a friend to advertise it.

He said the Tribunal should not impose the punishment on him but on his friend, as he only received RM400 from Teh.

Ammar, who is still studying in Kuala Lumpur, is said to be unable to attend the Tribunal hearing due to financial and time constraint.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Good job for reporting it...

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
teh jin shoon is actually our infamous forumer
probably some forumer know who he is but certainly i know he is one nice bloke

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
this story is well known at drift.com.my

even seller and buyer agreed on the case
and seller requested the posting of the topic not to be removed as well since he also looking for his friend also

both seller and buyer is well known in DCM

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
About 5 years back my friend successfully claimed repair fees via Consumer Claims Tribunal.

Workshop changed timing belt. Then engine broken, but workshop won't take the responsibility. My friend brought the receipt to Consumer Claims Tribunal and won. Workshop paid.