Transmission

F1turbo

May 12, 2004
EDM
Does anybody know when its time to rebuild your manual transmission ? is there a "time" when you know you have to do it?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
F1turbo said:
Does anybody know when its time to rebuild your manual transmission ? is there a "time" when you know you have to do it?

My neighbour's datsun 120y 1978 model transmission still ok & never done anything. i only know about proton's gearbox problems lah......like when running suddenly the gear automatically shifts to neutral....when this happen frequently then its an indication that the gearbox is gonna "kong" & normally a 2nd hand g/box from potong kereta wil b used as replacement.

F1turbo

May 12, 2004
EDM
well i have a nissan 240 sx and when im on a hill and im trying to get out of the hill in first gear my whole car shakes.. New clutch? or Worn out first gear? also when i shift INTO a lower gear its really stiff

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
ya sounds like clutch slipping , try to replace the clutch....even if the clutch is not worn out sometimes some oil seal may have broken & the engine oil could have splashed on the clutch & this may also give you difficult in hill climbing . only after you hv checked this then the transmission can be suspected

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my brake got sound when i didn step on it..erm..i just change to l2 brake disc rotor and caliper. got some eeeeeeee sound when my car running...but when i apply brake, even just a little, the brake wont sound anymore..anyone know y?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience