Track newbie please help

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I'm interested to organize a track day. Please help me answer a few questions, thanks in advance. :regular_smile:

1. I suppose tracks like SIC are booked all year round to stay in business, do they have a booking calender so I can know when got free days so I can book?

2. How much is the booking fee per day?

3. Do they count per session, per car, or how?

4. Other than being able to use the track any other facilities are available?

5. If want catering service I can use my own or have to use theirs?

6. If got accident in there how?

7. They got towing service or I have to get my own?

8. Are there any special dress code for using the track? tracksuit?

9. Are there any discount for car clubs, senior citizen, student, corporate rate, etc?

And any other detail I did not ask but you've found from your experience is vital to know please do share.

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
booking the track would cost alot of money! your looking at something like 5 digits there dood. were talking about sepang F1. anyway they've got weekend trackdays you can see on the website for the dates. normally their on sundays from 2-5pm. mornings are for bikes. its $150. the moment you pay you sign a contract that states if any damage/accident they wouldnt be responsible to summ things up. so see you in the tracks! and bring a helmet.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I suppose you are asking this as a private user and not for coporate events. If private see the answers below in the quote sections and hope it helps you:-

Seraph said:
I'm interested to organize a track day. Please help me answer a few questions, thanks in advance. :regular_smile:

1. I suppose tracks like SIC are booked all year round to stay in business, do they have a booking calender so I can know when got free days so I can book? - Just their website for the calendar for open dates on weekends. Normally car session at 2pm-5pm

2. How much is the booking fee per day? - Weekend trackdays when open are RM150/3hrs at 2-5pm. Weekdays if not booked can be arrange at RM150 to RM200 per hour. If you are looking at a private session all for your self only then you will be looking at RM30k to RM60k, i think.

3. Do they count per session, per car, or how? - All prices above are per driver except for the private session only.

4. Other than being able to use the track any other facilities are available? - It depends what facility you want?

5. If want catering service I can use my own or have to use theirs? - You can use your own food, I think.

6. If got accident in there how? - Motorsport is dangerous. It is at your own risk. But it is actually pretty safe unless you go do stupid things.

7. They got towing service or I have to get my own? - Your Own

8. Are there any special dress code for using the track? tracksuit? - Minimum shoes, pants, t-shirts and helmet for weekend track days.

9. Are there any discount for car clubs, senior citizen, student, corporate rate, etc? You got to discuss with them.

And any other detail I did not ask but you've found from your experience is vital to know please do share.

If you are thinking of organizing a private event or coporate event for your company, you should get a budget talk over with them to arrange everything with them to safe all the hassles involve.

Coporate events you can contact Kumar, SIC Track Off at 03-87782240 www.malaysiangp.com.my or Kenvin Low, Asia Advance Driving Academy at 016-3282872 www.aadasb.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A quick glance at this, and you could easily mistake this for just another 458 Italia. But the stickers scream 'RACE', and when you run your eyes across the finer details, you will notice the single bolt wheels. Typical. You see single bolt wheels, and you already know that this car has a purpose. In fact, every car with single bolt wheels have the same purpose -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience