toyota 4age silvertop

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
You have nothing to lose anyway since its spoilt. But be be aware there isnt much you can to do the AFM. certainly do not spray the board with any cleaners. However I doubt you can fix it as if the track is worn off you can't shift the brass arm like Bosch units.

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
You have nothing to lose anyway since its spoilt. But be be aware there isnt much you can to do the AFM. certainly do not spray the board with any cleaners. However I doubt you can fix it as if the track is worn off you can't shift the brass arm like Bosch units.
Can u elaborate please,i want to try to fix instead of changing,..
Today i'm gonna slap back the air box on the engine,with the AFM and see what can be done,..

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
this is the most comprehensive video showing a AFM repair, toyota/DENSO ripped off the design of the BOSCH unit, while improving it. The arm design is different though, so I doubt you can bend it like the BOSCH one shown in this video.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
cool video above, local guys do it to the old BMW M20 engines and the likes. However, the common conception is that the AFM will deteriorate soon after reconditioning. In my E30 325i, after the constant malfunction and used replacements, I replaced the AFM with an MAF + piggyback and never looked back. Engine response transformed along with other benefits.

Asif, perhaps you could swap the AFM with a friend or a shop? that is the fastest and cheapest way to rectify your problem.

Reactions: alcyon

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
this is the most comprehensive video showing a AFM repair, toyota/DENSO ripped off the design of the BOSCH unit, while improving it. The arm design is different though, so I doubt you can bend it like the BOSCH one shown in this video.
Thanks for the video mate,
I'm gonna try it on mine and u guys know,
Thanks again

Asif

Mar 1, 2018
Mauritius
cool video above, local guys do it to the old BMW M20 engines and the likes. However, the common conception is that the AFM will deteriorate soon after reconditioning. In my E30 325i, after the constant malfunction and used replacements, I replaced the AFM with an MAF + piggyback and never looked back. Engine response transformed along with other benefits.

Asif, perhaps you could swap the AFM with a friend or a shop? that is the fastest and cheapest way to rectify your problem.
Yaa if i try to solve the proble,,and its not a success,i will go look for one and try swapping,..
Hope i succeed in repairing the AFM,keep fingers crossed

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

Hmm,I am interested to convert too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

i recently serviced my car and asked the mech to take out the spark plug to see the condition of it,

below is the pic:

it looks like its in healthy condition judging by the light gray deposit but the cracks look like i have been experiencing detonation

any help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience