Torque over Horsepower for daily drivers

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
CX SUVs are rubbish? Strong statement, many reviewers say zoom-zoom, drives like a car etc. I've driven a CX-5 around the Glenmarie test drive road, doesn't feel too wobbly for its height, but it was slow - I insisted to drive the 2.0 model.

If CX is rubbish, what is X70, CRV etc? And if you were forced to buy a SUV for your family drive due to frequent flash floods, what would you buy? Subaru Forester? Omg CVT god no.

I would buy a G63 or Cayanne GTS or a Macan but sadly I cannot afford to buy it or pay the road tax.
Consider this BARBUS V12... surely not boring. hehehe...
IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Consider this BARBUS V12... surely not boring. hehehe...
Question is, use what to buy. They don’t accept body hair as payment. Or dead skin cells.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Indeed. But I don't see much point for a 2.2 diesel in the CX-5 unless you do a lot of mileage. Then the fuel savings would be worthwhile.
The point for diesels is also the pick up from cruising speed can be better/more responsive.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
CX SUVs are rubbish? Strong statement, many reviewers say zoom-zoom, drives like a car etc. I've driven a CX-5 around the Glenmarie test drive road, doesn't feel too wobbly for its height, but it was slow - I insisted to drive the 2.0 model.

If CX is rubbish, what is X70, CRV etc? And if you were forced to buy a SUV for your family drive due to frequent flash floods, what would you buy? Subaru Forester? Omg CVT god no.
Ok perhaps I'm biased considering my strong dislike for SUVs and with my sister driving the CX5 2.0. Having driven it a few times it's not exactly the luxury SUV it's made out to be and as for driving like a car - I don't think so man. Not wobbly - yes, confidence inspiring - no. Agile - no. Torque - no. Power - no. Pretty much everything no. The 2.5 is better in that respect but driving feel is the same. If I have to drive a family in a SUV because of floods, I'd go for the most utilitarian SUV out there - the Defender 130 with a Puma engine conversion and a full 7-seater cab conversion. I had the opportunity to ride in one in Sabah and I absolutely love the car apart from the fact that it's very easily stolen and broken in to.

I would buy a G63 or Cayanne GTS or a Macan but sadly I cannot afford to buy it or pay the road tax.
This is potentially the bigger lie of the year. :thefinger:

Charles

I brake very late....

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Hmm......ok..if i can find an F10 535d i'll buy it.....gobs of torque.

Charles

I brake very late....

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Ok perhaps I'm biased considering my strong dislike for SUVs and with my sister driving the CX5 2.0. Having driven it a few times it's not exactly the luxury SUV it's made out to be and as for driving like a car - I don't think so man. Not wobbly - yes, confidence inspiring - no. Agile - no. Torque - no. Power - no. Pretty much everything no. The 2.5 is better in that respect but driving feel is the same. If I have to drive a family in a SUV because of floods, I'd go for the most utilitarian SUV out there - the Defender 130 with a Puma engine conversion and a full 7-seater cab conversion. I had the opportunity to ride in one in Sabah and I absolutely love the car apart from the fact that it's very easily stolen and broken in to.

This is potentially the bigger lie of the year. :thefinger:
Won't say it rubbish lar but i've driven a 2.5 cx-5 over a distance of 400km+ in 2 days over various elevations and didn't like it. Fuel consumption was also below average and power delivery was nothing to shout about. But then again i'm not a big fan of any SUV hahahaha.......coming from the land of SUV :P

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hmm......ok..if i can find an F10 535d i'll buy it.....gobs of torque.
520d also good enough for city driving. 535d just expensive road tax.

I'd go for the most utilitarian SUV out there - the Defender 130 with a Puma engine conversion and a full 7-seater cab conversion. I had the opportunity to ride in one in Sabah and I absolutely love the car apart from the fact that it's very easily stolen and broken in to.
Wah you so rich can afford Defender. I cannot. I’ll probably buy X50 or X70 depending on how much cabin space I need. X50 for its level 2 autonomous.

Reactions: Charles

Charles

I brake very late....

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
520d also good enough for city driving. 535d just expensive road tax.

Wah you so rich can afford Defender. I cannot. I’ll probably buy X50 or X70 depending on how much cabin space I need. X50 for its level 2 autonomous.
Nah i tested a mapped 320d f30......doesn't cut it.....but loved the mapped X6 40d :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Apa LJ la lu... the Defender costs only as much as your land yacht. You lieeeess

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know where to find this kit?

That including the Gearbox,Rear axle and drive shaft ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience