Top Gear Exit: Chris Evans's parting words about Matt LeBlanc

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
If you are still a Top Gear fan you would know the BBC show has revamped their lineup of presenters, following a rough phase between a production team personnel and Jeremy Clarkson from the previous, original Top Gear show.

But in just one season with the new team, controversy engulfed the show, this time between Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc. They don't seem to be going pretty well with each other, apparently.

And it is official now, Chris Evans is out of Top Gear. He then put up his thoughts into words on the Daily Mail; and he's actually pretty cool about the whole thing.

Earlier on, via his Twitter, Evans assures us that he had gave his best shot for Top Gear and enjoyed his time with the show.

In his write-up in Daily Mail, he mentioned a few lines about Matt LeBlanc, and it seems he couldn't get over from the bitterness.

"For me, he is the man. He is the captain Top Gear truly needs going forward, the
perfect torso for the rest of TG’s limbs.

Not only does he eat, sleep, breathe and dream engines, propshafts and trail-braking,
but the overwhelming quality that struck me about him is that he’s just such a pro.

The whole time I worked with him, he never once looked at the clock, was never late on
set, knew his lines inside out and back to front and, most importantly on such an intense production, he always had time for everyone, especially the crew.

The simple truth is he and Top Gear were made for each other.
From the moment he made his first real driving film, in the bonkers Aerial Nomad in
Morocco, it was love at first sight."

In the end, things turned out better than expected and Evans may have just been "a square peg in a round hole."

Sometimes in life, we find ourselves ending up in unfitting territories, and the best thing to do is to move on. Which is exactly what Evans did.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as per advertised in Traffic Magazine, the Japan GT issue (red)

damn nice (IMO) artwork...
any comments to improve?

and the Traffic Magazine topic..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience