the fastest i dare to test is 200km/h.. can go more but scared :afraid:

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
I'm surprised you didnt put cars like Alfa 155,Citroen Xantia or XM inside since your criteria are Budget European "Retro" rides.

Personally involved in both E30's and W201 i dont think the 190E cost more to maintain..more or less the same.

P/S In my humble opinion Kevin,could you please drop it with Tom and Bryan having this and that before..generally people who dont know WONT know and people who know doesnt need to know anymore.. keep the article neutral and reader-friendly.

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
haha sorry i didnt add the french and the italians. my definition of the retro is, 25 years and above. the cut out date is 1987, since we are 2 months short of 2012. as deemed by the malaysia singapore vintage classic registrar. (MSVCR)

i could put an alfetta, but parts will usually kill u first.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Alfa Romeo GTV - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

something rare below 20k, dont always see this!

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
I find your definition of retro abit off though.. Its okay that you don't include the Citroen and Alfa Romeo.. just wanted to point it out for everyone to consider those as well. If you were to talk about Alfetta ( My dad owned one for years ) It's a lovely car..and like any cars of that generation parts will always kill you. It will never be cheap to own a classic like these..just to put it in a better perspective

Just for the sake of discussion..since 1987 is the cut off date, Why is the E34 in the list? It's first production is 1988 : )

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
generally i find that alfa's tend to rust a lot, but im not an alfist. and french car's arent always desirable compared to german reliability

hmm i wiki'ed and it said it started in 1987. nevertheless, i included the predecessor in the list. that is the e28 in the write up, although the main focus was the e34, as it looked beautiful.

thats why i listed it down as 5 series and e class, didnt say about the chassis code

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

i just remembered, the peugeot 205gti can be had under 20k, if ur lucky, but that car is hard to come by

and yeah nice alfetta!

Last edited:

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
The BMW E34 is the version of the BMW 5 Series automobile built from February 1988 to 1995 with the Touring model ending June 1996. It replaced the BMW E28 in 1988 and was replaced by the E39 in 1996.

What car before 85-87 that doesnt rust alot..those time all manufacturers arent using galvanised steel in their production yet. French cars are not as desirable? Clearly you need to read and own some to make a more informed conclusion. Even on the clip you chose,Ronin..it featured a Benz W126 450SE and a Citroen XM

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
true to that, and they had an audi too, but shame on the part that the w126 450se wont be 20k and cheaper in malaysian shores. but a normal w126 300se should go for about 15k i think.

xm's are 89 and above i think. but yeah, naturally french cars are FF, i mean i did say the peugeot 205 gti would be worth to look at it. but i consider reliability as the factors and choice above.

then again, this is a personal choice list. i mean feel free to suggest what is right and correct. im merely suggesting my opinion

did u see that alfa gtv for 15k on the link above? thats a bargain!

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Saw the link,great bargain.

Yea I fully understand that this list is your personal choice hehe

Just to clarify abit,since its available on the web
Retro is a culturally outdated or aged style, trend, mode, or fashion, from the overall postmodern past, that has since that time become functionally or superficially the norm once again. The use of "retro" style iconography and imagery interjected into post-modern art, advertising, mass media, etc. It generally implies a vintage of at least 15 or 20 years

Thats why I was under the impression that you should have considered the other cars we talked about : )

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
maybe the words retros shouldnt be used in the title, instead of classic cars, to be properly correct. (25 years for classic, 50 years for vintage)

but yeah, id make sure id do a better write up. thirds times a charm!

i honestly dont mind an alfetta or alfa 75, but i cant fully suggest it because, i think these cars are tempremental little italians. a bella is fully appreciated if someone is willing to take chances with the reliabilities of one, else it will be perfect!

alpina76

alpina76

Oct 4, 2011
Perlis
Interesting that the Opel Kadett C Coupe was called Opel Gemini in Malaysia and Thailand, didn't know that.
The Kadett C Coupe sells at quite high prices in Europe since it has become rather difficult to find one in good condition. Many were used as race cars and some until today are used as such.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye to all sifus..
i planning toget a car under 10k.
i am really looking for a modded one.
juz wanted opinion of you guys whether should i go for a na or a turbo car to strt with.
give me your views on maintainance and stuff..
hope you guys cn help..
thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience