To get an S15 or RX7?

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Hi all, I'm currently contemplating between an FD and an S15. The car will most likely be a weekend car and I would prefer one that is easier to take care of in terms of servicing and maintenance.

Hope you guys and gals can help me out by having a discussion about the pros and cons of both these 2 beauties ?

Btw, any mechanics to recommend in JB for an S15?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I think mechanically you will have less headache with a S15.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
weekend ride? no headache? no toothache? s15. anytime. in JB, lots of s15 service place. dont worry.

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Thanks for all the replies so far !

Wah... overwhelming response for S15 ah... hehe...

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Well afterall this is a Silvia forum.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
different price different cat..
its up to personal preference....
if you need to know some mech in jb dealing with rotary, gimme a pm ,i pass workshop number 4 u..
cheers

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
but seriously S15 is still lesser headache than the FD

Ah Pang

Known Member
May 27, 2004
so how headache is an FD?share some of your stories.....:)

Let's put level of performance & aesthetics aside(as these components weigh from individual preference & depth of pocket). As DJmobile said, difference in price. You can get 2 FDs with the price of 1 S15, relatively. At the same table, you're also looking at a 6-7 years older car(FD), very high loan interest rates(if it is possible to get a loan).

No doubt, I agree(and as do everyone in this forum) S15 is a beautiful car. It has got the punch and it has got the looks. But dare I say, an FD does not fall short in both departments. But let's not get to an arguement over the products of Nissan and Mazda coz that's plain stupid. There's nothing in for me....

Well, if money aint an issue then S15 would be a smarter choice. One may think of buying an FD for RM50k and plonk in the rest of your wealth to make it bulletproof, that's an option as well...

Anyhow, good luck on your purchase bro...Cheers!

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Thanks to all for their comments !

Think I've more or less decided on an S15... Agree with you all that S15 will be easier to maintain and lesser headache... like Ah Pang said... FD too old... plus S15 got backseats more friendly lah... cos weekend car means go out with friends yum cha...can fetch more pple... even though s15 backseats little space... better than the 2-seater FD too...

Sigh... I am seriously interested in k3nny's veilside GTR... but wah lau... it'll be like driving a house on the road... =S

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
FD also have back seats too...but i think the space is still the same with s15...from what i think, s15 the model also latest than FD...so the car wont be outdated so fast...when you wanna sell it next time the value still will be there...

Gunner93

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Puchong
www.gunner93.multiply.com
SR20 share many common consumables with Altima, Bluebird & Pulsar. Many SR20half cuts and cheap parts available in KL. Also many aftermarket Jap performance suppliers/agents ie. HKS/Blitx/Apexi/Greddy offer wide variety of SR20 bolt-ons. Lastly SR20SET motor is very responsive to mod. Doubling the horse power from stock is very simple with stage 1 & stage 2 add on aftermarket performance parts.

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
S15 or FD...hmmm....I really love the FD since i was young. But I also like the S15. If money is no object, I think I would go for a FD. It's really personal liking's. But if u say like reliability and parts availability, definately S15 would be a better bet. as in ur case....Go for S15. SR20DET POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience