TiTANs RuLeD at AMF's AutoCross Round2!

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
*PS: this report has to be re-written due to the Nov 1st server crash.

TiTANed equipped race cars were at the Shah Alam Stadium Carpark last Sunday, the 31st of Oct, competing for top honours in the BFGoodrich AMF Autocross Qualifying Round 2.

The 2 cars that attended was my SLK (hehe Slow Lil' Kancil) and a race-prepped Putra.

the SLK driver : ninja_iga aka Stanley (me!)
the Putra Driver : 1339 aka Chee Wah

Both cars are equipped with TiTAN's top-of-the-line racing-spec inverted monotubes with TiTAN pillowball top mounts.
BFGoodRich AutoCross Championship 2

Stanley's race report:

We arrived, earliest team as usual, because we have more things to set up prior to the event. We (TTR, Team TiTAN RACiNG) brought along a support vehicle, a tent and crew with food and drinks to help sustain our energy through a very hot and long day. (lesson learnt from experience of previous races)

After setting up the tent, gradually we relaxed for our long day ahead..

The drivers were called for the drivers' briefing and rules and tips were given :)

Although my competition number was no. 78 i was the first guy to go out during practise. Tensions were mounting evidently amongst us drivers and boy was i nervous.. i prayed that i dont screw up, else that's it for me, because for this race, it's all or nothing! I must give my best.

My first 2 timed runs were horrid, 1st run i screwed up with the handbrake and turned too much, almost hitting into one of the cones at the 2nd roundabout. Came to almost a complete stop, i clunked in 1st gear, and off i went to finish with 1min 31+secs.
my rival, Rohasreen, did an ass-whooping 1min 24+secs.

oh shit...
:blink:
2nd time out: i was really under pressure from myself to perform. And that's the last thing a driver should have on his mind, screwed up my concentration completely, screwed up (driver's mistake, argh) at the slalom's and engine died... :unsure: wah liaw eh.. started the engine and finished at a worst time, 1min 32secs..
was really pissed at myself, as the run was actually not bad, no other mistakes, everything was working for me, the engine's fine, the tyres were okie considering how poor the surface was, the TiTAN suspension helping with the precision of where i wanna make the car go.. ARGH.

then... a stroke of luck. Rohasreen made major ass mistakes in his 2nd run and engine problems also plagued him. His times were very off his usual form! This gave me almost 20secs lead immediately (even after his initial lead)

My team manager, Chien Wei, told me to take it easy, "you're pushing yourself too hard, thus the mistakes.. Drive like you should, and have fun while you're at it.."

i usually drive my best when i'm enjoying the drive :)
and yea! i was too uptight.. well my mood returned and my subsequent runs were mistake-free :)

Chien Wei also helped alot with the turn-in of the car. He did several adjustments to the suspension and alignment setup, which almost took all the under-steer away.
I wont reveal what he did, but it worked GREAT and yup, i had fun driving the car. It felt more alive. IT was NOW going where i want it to go (within reason la) and i held the lead to victory. (Rohasreen chased back, but only gained 6secs from the last 2 runs..)

Well, luck really played a big part in this race for me. Rohasreen had more advantage from the power-to-weight ratio, his car had a Weber-ed 850 and the car's running without the aircon system and really really stripped out. AND he's only 43+kg!! that's light man!
We were lucky to win even with our more-powerful and respected rival, Rohasreen.

Well i would like to thank my kind sponsors, without your help, i wouldn't have made it so far :)
a BIG THANK YOU to:

TiTAN
Custom Build Performance Shock Absorbers
PowerZone Power gain you can FEEL
UniStore Sticker Shop thanks for making the car look so good..
UltraRacing Body Strengthening! The car turns in so well now..
TuFoiL my engine's purring and no more overheat problems EVEN with competition use.
HyperTune Magazine for the publicity and support
YE Express Embroiddery for the lovely TTR uniforms.

oh, Chee Wah's Putra did very well too, and he won his class easily with his consistent AND fast times ;) very skilled driver!

And the lovely AMF Racequeens, Fiona Kwok and friends gracing for our TiTANed Putra, making it look even more..attractive :P

the prize giving ceremony..

and the 'TiTANS' together for a group photo..

hope we win again the next round, at the FiNALS!! the Asian Motorsports Festival FiNALS in Sepang F1 Circuit :)

a final note of thanks to my team-mates in TTR, my team manager, Chien Wei, Alex aka saru-kun, Fred aka FsTrader, Alberto and Daniel and 2 photographers who braved the sun and took our pictures
CKLau aka ldragon and Chien Siang..

for more pics and info-->BFGoodRich AutoCross Championship 2

Stanley

Stanley

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
congratulations to Stanley and Chee Wah :)

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
i'd like to thank my TTR team members,
Ng Chien Wei for being my team manager and technical director
saru-kun aka Alex for being my team mechanic

The Fazz for his nice racing suit hehehe

and everyone who came to support me and the team!! thankyouthankyou

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello fellow DIY maestros...

Ok, here is my current mission, I wanna DIY a HU installation.

I have one Sony CD HU, which i intend to install into my wira... I have already removed the wira's cassette deck...

but now i realised that the wira's clarion double din doesn't have any description of the wiring codes... i managed to isolate the other socket, which are all the wires to the speakers.

so now left is the 2nd socket, which is the power source wiring. So, i was hoping that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience