Titan Shocks

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
been using Titan for few month on my little car... i thnk i agree with them is when u stiffen up the shock may consider change the spring weight too or else it will not fully match the new damping and rebound setting on the new shock with the lighter spring rate...

so far friend and ladies friends say it feel abit stiff compare to stock suspension...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
If you go to the BMW club malaysia, quite a few of them are using it too... I'd just take the risk since even BMW guys trust their 'ultimate driving machines' with TiTan :rofl:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
now days i see alot power car install Titan, the most expensive i seen is AMG SL series with 6.3 ... cause this owner last time had install titan on his Porsche....

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
i'm sure Titans are MUCH cheaper than Porsche's original shocks :)

As for Teins, i definitely agree with Green06. It is rather fragile. Maybe when we buy second hand, there are already lots and lots of miles clocked on it and would be good for another month or so only :) Same experience with my brother's prelude. when bought the HA, it was shiny and looks new, but only lasted a year.

i'll go scout the bmw forum to see what other comments there are :)

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
xbalance, of course you can :) i'm sure we are all interested to hear it!

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Here goes my little car on Titan Suspension (copy from another forum lazy to write again..)

My car Setup for Titan suspension is
Car weight : 1020KG as per spec but mine abit lighter weight :mrgreen:
Wheel Setup 15"
Rim weight: 3.9kg per wheels.
Tire : Federal 595EVO .... tire spec UTQG 260.A.A for tread wear and grip level performance.
Tire Preasure: Front 260/kpa Rear 220/kpa normal gas station air.

Camber Setting
front 1.5
Rear 0 as OEM cant be adjust :oops:

Titan suspension setup
Spring Rate
Front 5kg/mm Rear about 2~2.5kg/mm (rear is about standard spring from toyota and supply by APM)
Damping / Rebound : setting Secret

Chassis setup standard no BAR is install (Car age 6month plus when install)

Day 1
Before Install... :oops:
when to test drive at ampang lookup point/ little genting
-Road condition not all part of the road is smooth, some part of the road is patch here and there and some part of the road is deeps in maybe road patch is not very well... like this ------_________---------
-Car Condition all stock just sport rims ..
-test run 1 stock speed up about 70kmh~90kmh, during corner the car very unstable speed was drop to 60kmh when coming downhill, during cornering the car feel like in a boat ride when wave is strong... so i backoff try not to risk :cry:

then when to install Titan suspension

After install Titan suspension, they check the setting and have some driving around the office ...

After all the done, Titan son and me when for test drive we use some short cut road to Ampang lookup point ...
i start with slow drive to feel how it respond on slow speed at 60kmh... good ride feel like using sport spring not too stiff ...cornering is stable ...
Then i increase the speed to 100kmh ~ 120kmh in strait road and corner the feel is much more better very control suspension damping & rebound is very well set.... then we reach a part of corner with patch road with deeps in --------_______-------- is during cornering speed at that time was 110kmh... i was scare the tail of the car will let go (oversteer) cause happen to me before ... sad experince that time ... so i dint think much continue to speed dont care much ...surprise dint Oversteer at all so i continue few more corner .... hehe really happy then on the way back to Titan office i take a 90 degree turn and jam brake during turning ... surprise the rear part of the car dint power slide off ..... even Titan son also surprise :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Day 2
Testing is on hill road with high speed corner and medium speed corner road was very smooth...

Day 2 Medium speed & High speed corner ( #Dont Try this At home# )
Location from shah alam to KL to Berjaya Hill resort

-ride from Shah alam to Gombak toll was fine, even my co-driver dint notice i have install Titan suspension at the early stage... dint tell him about the installation ..hehe when reach road that have yellow line to slow your car speed ... it feel stiff if the yellow line is thicker at some road ... i had that ride feel even in stock suspension...

-Going up hill was fine then i told my co-driver i have install titan he was shock, he say the car dint bounce much on the slow speed and ride is confort car speed follow speed limit hehe then after the Genting tunnel i increase speed abit on the long strait downhill, after that long strait got few medium speed corner (last time on my old car max ever go is 100/kmh) then i try to push with Titan at that time was doing 130kmh ~ 140kmh got some G force feel hehe... surprice the Federal 595EVO tire dint not loss traction dint feel understeer during turning and even increase speed in the corner

-When arrive at Berjaya hill resort at the early guard house before arrive the hill up there the road surface is smooth but the tar is not so nice tire killer road ...hehe during that time my tire have reach optium temperature small stone stick on the tire when drive slow slow 20/kmh... continue to drive the road designer was very good for berjaya hill resort if drive FR can play drifting haha... continue to attack corner after corner... push and push want to feel when is the tire oversteer and understeer but it just continue give more traction really good tire

#Dont Try this at home#
-on the way back to KL from berjaya hill resort slow drive after the tunnel cause rain that time, then from tunnel after that got few medium speed also driving slow wet road hehe... after that long strait the road was dry and nice then a myvi over take me outside, i continue to push in corner he dare not to push hehe ... then a lotus elise on my tail .. he tail gate me then when strait he over take me then in a fast corner i follow him very close bumper to bumper that time in front of him was no car he was pushing in corner and i follow him very close that time during cornering i was doing 160/kmh ~ 170/kmh my friend was so silent dare not to say any things that time ...haha tire grip still very good dint feel understeer or oversteer after that corner come to main strait again then i loss out on topspeed but good fight on the high speed corner sedan 1.5 VS sport car 1.8 with MR drive system...haha our Vios really can kick some butt even Lotus Exige cant pull away in high speed corner (maybe driver issue)...haha

After that follow speed limit ...that is Day 2 testing

Day 3 test drive on B road (Kampung Road)
Destine from Cyberjaya to Dengkil to banting to Shah alam

-Cyberjaya road surface is very smooth confort level is good too, turning in to Dengkil is B road driving at nite most of the road dont have street light... dont feel much bounce in some part of the road since the condition is not very smooth ... start to increase speed the suspension feel like come alive want to attack corner after corner but not much corner can attack... haha

-bodyroll is very little even so i dint install any bar and antiroll bar as well..hehe
- when reach banting main road to klang ... i drove abit fast ... cut in and out traffic surprise the shock able to work over time as i cut in and out and it also able to absorb small and uneven road in a control way... but when reach road that have very thick yellow line ... i hate that feel even using stock OEM suspension

-After 3 long days of testing really give a Big thumbs up for Titan suspension as all of us know vios is using Torsion beam setup for the rear suspension Titan really have done a very good job to control the damping and rebound of the rear or else we can easly lost control the rear...

Last edited:

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
xbalance,

thanks!

How many times did you have to return to titan to adjust the shocks?

btw, why is rebound rate - secret? :) some special recipe? :)

you know the key thing that i really want is for the car to stop bouncing like a rabbit. its not only uncomfortable, its damn embarrassing! its like i potong springs!

anyway, thanks for sharing your experience. I am really in for titan now ......need a save up a bit more money!

btw, do you mind pm me the rough cost of one set?

thanks.

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Last year the price for a complete set was RM3.2K. It is not cheap but performance wise and after sale service worth mentioning. Btw the shockers are inverted monoshock. Check other brands with this type of shockers. The rebounce are not measured and it needs sophisicated machine to measure it. Titan won't spend that money else their product wud be very expensive.
What I see there is, they design and built their own equipt. and each set are made base on experience and customer's preference. Each set are then individually tested and setup to customer choice unlike ready set bought off the shelve and we have to live with it. Thats the diff and the price for custom made.
Teins shockers are not made for our so called " Malaysia Boleh" ( arrogant attitude ) infamous Malaysian Road. They got killed by it. This is what I believe.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
If u say the shock tuning, none cause i try to learn the new driving style.... so far only adjust the camber and toe setting ...

Rebound i say secret cause i it is pre tune by the boss, he only say how stiff u wan for your car .... as it split to 3 stage damping example stage1 30%, stage2 70% and stage3 100%...

Insome stage of highway road ... some time i do feel the car bouncing in highway like slow lane bounce abit then middle lane dont feel it...

For my set it is RM2.6k (the rear use back the OE spring)

For MR2 or MRS i think will be less then RM3.5k the best is just drop by their shop and ask them..i cant remember much about the price last time a friend of mine install in his MR2...

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Guys,

Great input! i'll post an update and review after i get mine !!! :)

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi, I recently had my TEINS "Flex" shockers serviced at N1. It cost a bom @ RM 500.00 each for a regular service ( gas, oil & O-ring only ) thats 1 K RM for a pair. yet to install to find out the performance.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Hi, I recently had my TEINS "Flex" shockers serviced at N1. It cost a bom @ RM 500.00 each for a regular service ( gas, oil & O-ring only ) thats 1 K RM for a pair. yet to install to find out the performance.
that is a average cost to service a shock, other brand service charges is about there too..(Titan per shock service at RM100)

Future if plan to upgrade shock best advise check the full package they offer from price, warranty, service & replacement part.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
I have my tien HA serviced by a non-authorized workshop and, man, did i regret that! It costs Rm350 each and not only that, i think they did not refill gas at all, now the tien no more the "whoosh" sound whenever it is depressed. They also said that the chrome stem had scratches on it and if they use it, they will not provide 3 months warranty. Unfortunately, after changing the stem, its no longer adjustable....kind of a bad decision there.

i would have rather paid rm500 to get it serviced by N1, at least i know it is close to original :P

Anyway, i am just waiting to save up enuff money to go for titans. I don't think i'll go for chop shop suspension anymore.

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
i m currenty using titan on my sgti... came wit the car... its needs to be service cause it so hard like i m driving a gokart.... so i m thinking should i service it or shall i sell it off and get another brand... i was using gab for my previous ride a putra...... advice from u guys will be great thanks....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there! I've been following your forum for some time now. So I thot I would contribute something.

Guys, a few days ago, a flying metal sheet hit my car. It caused a few scratches to the bumper and left side skirting and door. Sigh.. so I thot I will need to send it for respray... ... until I tried this product called Formula 1 Scratch Out® Scratch and Haze Remover

I bought it from ACE Hardware store in Mid Valley. It helped removed the scratches..but not the deep ones or the old...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience