Tire Price list Zth

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
185/60/14 surely must change rims right bro...sorry man noob here with tyres and rims :biggrin:

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
4811 still okay, within a year.....

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Try this shop:-

Weng Tat Tyre Service
No. 12, Jalan SS14/ 2, Subang Jaya
47500 Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 03-5634 7753 (Hoong Wai)

Mention vr2turbo introduce, see if can get better price......:hmmmm:
thanks dude..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
185/60/14 surely must change rims right bro...sorry man noob here with tyres and rims :biggrin:
No, no need change rims, still 14" but 60 series aspect ratio means higher sidewall therefore bigger overall diameter, which means tyres are bigger....

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

thanks dude..
you are welcome.....

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Does 14" has lower series of tires? If have why not put like 185/50/14? like this will look much better...
Have not seen those sizes here. May or may not have but not brought in. Odd sizes are difficult to sell so will not be brought in even if they have....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Does 14" has lower series of tires? If have why not put like 185/50/14? like this will look much better...
Ya, agree that is why 165/55/14 look better...sidewall lower...but 60 still okay la..extra 5.

Just that ori tyre size of kelisa not enough width....165 and 185 is quite a gap of difference...

No, no need change rims, still 14" but 60 series aspect ratio means higher sidewall therefore bigger overall diameter, which means tyres are bigger....

Have not seen those sizes here. May or may not have but not brought in. Odd sizes are difficult to sell so will not be brought in even if they have....
So, as long is 14" even it is let's say 195/60/14 can also fit? cuz tyre width will be wider that is why I was wondering if it fits.

But got to pay attention to the offset reading when purchasing rims am i right bro?

anyway thanks for the info, adi printed out the list of 14" tyres.. :adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, agree that is why 165/55/14 look better...sidewall lower...but 60 still okay la..extra 5.

Just that ori tyre size of kelisa not enough width....165 and 185 is quite a gap of difference...

So, as long is 14" even it is let's say 195/60/14 can also fit? cuz tyre width will be wider that is why I was wondering if it fits.

But got to pay attention to the offset reading when purchasing rims am i right bro?

anyway thanks for the info, adi printed out the list of 14" tyres.. :adore:
Yes, main 3 things. PCD (Pitch Center Diameter), Offset, Rims width

PCD
PCD are the lug holes, many sizes but main ones for Jap, Korean and Malaysian P cars are PCD 100 and 114.3. Many aftermarket ones comes in both sizes therefore either 8 holes (4 lugs) or 10 holes (5 lugs)
Since you know the Myvi ones fits the Kelisa ones then okay already....

Offset
Offset is the distance the rims comes out or goes in the wheel arch area. The smaller the number eg. 35 the further out the rims. The bigger the number eg. 45 the further in the rims. Many mixed up with this. OE rims like Myvi and Kelisa usually are further in, but when Myvi ones fits to Kelisa may be different, so still better to check first.

Rims wide
This is the J or JJ most people talk about. Actually J does not specific as inch. It is more for the design of the notch on the rims at the beading area. No need to go in depth on this, just choose the correct width will do. Going back to this from your original 165/55R14 rim width probably 5J wide only. If Myvi is 5.5J then will look broader even when fitted with same tyres...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, main 3 things. PCD (Pitch Center Diameter), Offset, Rims width

PCD
PCD are the lug holes, many sizes but main ones for Jap, Korean and Malaysian P cars are PCD 100 and 114.3. Many aftermarket ones comes in both sizes therefore either 8 holes (4 lugs) or 10 holes (5 lugs)
Since you know the Myvi ones fits the Kelisa ones then okay already....

Offset
Offset is the distance the rims comes out or goes in the wheel arch area. The smaller the number eg. 35 the further out the rims. The bigger the number eg. 45 the further in the rims. Many mixed up with this. OE rims like Myvi and Kelisa usually are further in, but when Myvi ones fits to Kelisa may be different, so still better to check first.

Rims wide
This is the J or JJ most people talk about. Actually J does not specific as inch. It is more for the design of the notch on the rims at the beading area. No need to go in depth on this, just choose the correct width will do. Going back to this from your original 165/55R14 rim width probably 5J wide only. If Myvi is 5.5J then will look broader even when fitted with same tyres...
Can I like a thousand times? :rofl: :top:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro vr2turbo,

Would you consider toyo r1r as outdated, or do you think it still good for uhp type tyres? If got better, what would you recommend?

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Bro vr2turbo,

Would you consider toyo r1r as outdated, or do you think it still good for uhp type tyres? If got better, what would you recommend?
well bro.. whats ur budget like? wat size are u talking about?
if ur running on 15.. well there are alot to choose from.. unfortunately 16 not so much.
17 much better.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm currently using one in 15" size....need replacing soon.So just asking what's the best tires in that class (UHP, not semi slick) that I can get that's maybe superior to the Toyos. Budget taruk tepi dulu...hehe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro vr2turbo,

Toyo R1R is pretty new, but this is meant for extreme use, of course can be used for daily also.
T-1R is the road version. Latest of course is T-1Sports and many think is T-1S. No, T-1S is the older model before T-1R, so the latest is T-1Sports (asymmetric in pattern), but not sure if they have them in 15"

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I'm currently using one in 15" size....need replacing soon.So just asking what's the best tires in that class (UHP, not semi slick) that I can get that's maybe superior to the Toyos. Budget taruk tepi dulu...hehe
Your 15" size is 195/50R15 or 195/55R15 and budget even though taruk must mention loh! if not how to recommend?:hmmmm::rofl:

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro vr2turbo,

I totally respect your in depth knowledge of wheels and the tiny black rubber slab that keeps us safe on the road..
;)

I do need your advice and suggestions on getting a new of rubbers..
I'm currently driving a Persona with stock 195/60R15 Silverstone tires..
I'm planning to get a new set of tires soon..

I'm clocking in about 40,000km annually..
Doing quite a lot of long distance travelling with some occasional spirited driving..
I need rubbers that is grippy and keep me safe on the road..

I'm currently deciding for the Michelin Pilot Sports 3 at 195/55R15..
I'm planning of a budget of about RM270 per piece..
Any suggestions for other brands/models of comparable quality??
If so, any good places to go for it??
I noticed that 195/55 is more common..
Or should I go for 195/50??
If so will the speedometer differ a lot??
At the moment the speedometer is already registering 10% faster than my actual speed based on a few GPS and smartphones..

Thank you very, very much in advance bro..
:)

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hehe...from I what I heard, T1-R has softer sidewalls compared to R1R? So what other tires can you put into the same group as the R1R? Advan AD08? How about comparable model from Bridgestone? Hankook or Kumho? Let's say size is 195/55/R15 and budget is unlimited..lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hehe...from I what I heard, T1-R has softer sidewalls compared to R1R? So what other tires can you put into the same group as the R1R? Advan AD08? How about comparable model from Bridgestone? Hankook or Kumho? Let's say size is 195/55/R15 and budget is unlimited..lol
Extreme group wit Toyo R-1R, Yoko Advan AD-08, BS RE-11, Falken RT-615, Dunlop Star Spec Z1, Federal RS-R, GY RS Sports, Kumho Ecsta XS KU-36, Hankook RS-2 now RS-3, maybe even GT Radial Champiro SX-2 to name a few.....
The actual size you want may not have, as extreme tyres sometimes very limited sizes.....

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Bro vr2turbo,

I totally respect your in depth knowledge of wheels and the tiny black rubber slab that keeps us safe on the road..
;)

I do need your advice and suggestions on getting a new of rubbers..
I'm currently driving a Persona with stock 195/60R15 Silverstone tires..
I'm planning to get a new set of tires soon..

I'm clocking in about 40,000km annually..
Doing quite a lot of long distance travelling with some occasional spirited driving..
I need rubbers that is grippy and keep me safe on the road..

I'm currently deciding for the Michelin Pilot Sports 3 at 195/55R15..
I'm planning of a budget of about RM270 per piece..
Any suggestions for other brands/models of comparable quality??
If so, any good places to go for it??
I noticed that 195/55 is more common..
Or should I go for 195/50??
If so will the speedometer differ a lot??
At the moment the speedometer is already registering 10% faster than my actual speed based on a few GPS and smartphones..

Thank you very, very much in advance bro..
You are still on original size and your speedo already reading faster?
Regarding the tyres size, from 195/60R15, you cannot use 195/50R15 because the overall diameter is too small. More then 6% difference and will look pretty funny on your Persona.
Even 195/55R15 is smaller, slightly over 3%, but can be used. More tyre choices especially in performance category where you cannot get in 60 series aspect ratio.
For PS3 you have to check around to see whether still can get at RM270. Some mentioned 280 to even 300 now.
Other tyre in PS3 range should be Hankook V12Evo and GY F1 D5 but both are directional tyres whereas PS3 is asymmetric in pattern......Hankook and GY should be in your budget too.....

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks a lot for the advice bro..
In this case, care to explain what's the benefits and drawbacks of directional and asymmetric tires??
Been seeing them around for a while..
I just don't know what benefits they could bring to road users..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a twist of a different kind that will be keeping Ken Block out of the Rally of Portugal following an accident that saw him send his Ford Fiesta WRC car airborne with multiple rolls mid-air before coming to a halt on its side in a ditch.

Block and his teammate Alex Gelsomino were out doing shakedown and practice runs for the rally when the DC Shoes founder clipped the inside of a turn too deep and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience