Time To Attack Sepang Round 3 - Old record time finally shattered by new Champion!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The time to shine has come and passed for those that stepped up to stake their claim for a spot in the final invitation-only round of the Time To Attack later this year, and the fastest will be lining up on the grid come December. Here's a real quick review of the event while we process the rest of the stats!

All eyes were on the time sheet, specifically the still-standing fastest time from the first round that was set in damp conditions and stood strong through the second round, even though track conditions were favorable for a faster lap time then.

This time around though, not only was the time beaten, it was grinded into the asphalt by the Kazama Autoworks Honda Civic Type-R that blitzed the Sepang International Circuit in a time of 2:28:249, obliterating the 2:30:421 that was set by Farriz Fauzy in the Links Nissan GT-R on a damp track during Round 1 of the TTA.

Right from the get go, it was obvious that it was only a matter of when, not if, Farriz's time would be smashed. Even the first round of hot laps produced times in the 2:32 range.

Fresh off the blocks, Ling Ken Ji in his time attack prepped Garage R Nissan Silvia S15 set a blazing lap of 2:28:720 that left the rest of the field in the dirt. But the Kazama Autoworks boys knew they had it in them and went all out in the final round of their group to get the top time.

It was the Final Session that netted them the 2:28:249 in a FD2-R Civic under the Time Attack Machines / Racecars category that was well prepared for the task at hand. Although it didn't sport a roll cage, the car was running on full slick tyres and had some choice engine mods to push up the power. The interior had been semi-stripped too for weight saving.

So as it stands in the Time Attack Machines / Racecars category, the fastest time belongs to the Kazama Autoworks' Civic followed by the S15 Silvia of Ling Ken Ji at 2:28:720.

The final class was the turbo and forced induction cars. If anybody had to hazard a guess on where the car to beat the fastest time would come from, they would have put their money on this class. Not only were the times so close to each other, they were consistent throughout the entire session.

Following the disappointment of the second round that didn't see anybody break the fastest time of the first round that was set in the wet, it was a blast to not only see the time finally broken but for such a large amount of the drivers to come close to it.

It was a delight to see the event live up to expectations. Check back soon for the final classifications on the Hall of Fame and more shots of the trackside action as we shift through the gigabytes of data and images, hang in there.

- Text by Dinesh

Showcase Gallery Shots from the Circuit!

Showcase Gallery Shots from the Pits and Carpark!

YouTube - TimeToAttack Rd 3 Promo

Attachments

edskkeat

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006
Re: Time To Attack Sepang Round 3 - Old record time finally shattered by new Champion

here my shot :driver:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Re: Time To Attack Sepang Round 3 - Old record time finally shattered by new Champion

Superb smooth driving... salute :top:
Turbos feel so much more 'relaxed' compared to a NA's run.
haha no lah... the car really wasn't handling well at all yesterday - ended up driving lots of rubbish lines & late throttle. look closely and you'll see lots of oversteer moments, and the car was getting very loose under braking too! roll on the final round :burnout:

edskkeat

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006

:top:

fadzli.zulkoad

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Did the white Lambo belong to Singaporean? I've heard few complaints from my friends that they are feeling annoying with Singaporean drivers. They event and didn't follow racing line....It is dangerous for other drivers.Can even some 1 teach them how 2 drive?

silvermachine

Nov 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey

Fadzli: Dude..i don't quite understand. It was a "Time Attack" and weren't competitors there to do their best Lap Time in sepang by turns given? why feeling obsessed about other competitors racing line, when they weren't competing with each other side by side on the race track.

By the way.. Interested to know the car No.75 black color MR2 (redline) timing :P anybody care to share the result of run 1 and run 2 ??

toozmok

500 RPM
Apr 3, 2009

:rock:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Did the white Lambo belong to Singaporean? I've heard few complaints from my friends that they are feeling annoying with Singaporean drivers. They event and didn't follow racing line....It is dangerous for other drivers.Can even some 1 teach them how 2 drive?
hi fadzli

all participants are required to allow faster cars to pass, to allow everyone a chance to set their best lap. especially the TTA being a Time Attack format event. Faster cars would take any opportunity to pass the slower cars to make up for time. Every participant needs to pay attention to what's happening behind and around them to reduce the chances of being surprised by approaching cars especially the supercars. It really takes just a blink of an eye for them to close fast on most of the cars at the straights.

For cars that are doing their outlap or inlap, they need to be even more attentive and courteous to other participants doing their hotlaps.

Racing lines are subjective to drivers.

This is also not a track day or an advanced driving school event

Having said that, "Singaporean drivers" on the circuit are just as equal to "Malaysian Drivers" or "Thailand Drivers". There are equally good and bad ones everywhere.

But the most amazing case i have ever encountered:
There was this "Malaysian Driver" who wasn't even a participant, hasn't got competition stickers, possibly without a helmet that very cheekily dashed out through the pit exit while a session was ending, and he proceeds to "try a lap". The clown was summoned in and interrogated.

His excuse was "I just want to try only", "I am a racecar driver lah, I really am"

So we do get our fair share of really lousy Malaysians. Everywhere.

thanks
Tom

davekoh

May 25, 2006

Congrats to 0-100 for this successful event. Thanks a lot to the organisers and the working committee who did such a great job!

Cheers

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal

first time driving on SIC. good event, looking forward to more! :D

rc_ep3

Known Member
Nov 6, 2006

hi fadzli

But the most amazing case i have ever encountered:
There was this "Malaysian Driver" who wasn't even a participant, hasn't got competition stickers, possibly without a helmet that very cheekily dashed out through the pit exit while a session was ending, and he proceeds to "try a lap". The clown was summoned in and interrogated.

His excuse was "I just want to try only", "I am a racecar driver lah, I really am"

So we do get our fair share of really lousy Malaysians. Everywhere.

thanks
Tom

Tell more, tell more bro. I only saw one black perdana with high rise building GT Wing spun it's wheels and dashed out from the pit zooming towards the track.

What happened after that bro? Who the hell is this guy?? Really insane !!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I succesfully installed a new headunit . However now the central locking and alarm aint working. Ive checked all the fuse and all in working condition. Anyone can shed some lights into this ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience