tiburon GK, getting to know more

Mar 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi hi fellow Tiburon owners!:wavey:

Greetings, Im from Selangor, currently working about 10km from home.

I would like to get some quick information about this car. Cos im very interested about this car and have been reading reviews over reviews everyday! But i think the best is still to ask actual owners.

I had a very brief conversation with someone who owns an 09 tibby. He was mentioning that the spare parts are relatively cheap ( he services at the hyundai service centre) and fuel consumption is reasonable. Claimed that maintenance and fuel is somewhat comparable to the civic and I think he drives that car daily. Oh, another thing he mentioned is that he could beat a 2.0 civic in a straight line race. :driver: I seldom see him and we arent really close so i couldnt ask more

Just wondering if anyone here drives it to work or as a daily driver? it would be great if you could tell me more about the GK model. I especially love the GK FL model! Looking at Mudah and carlist daily to scout for a good one haha :)

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Get a used unit la... not thing much to worry bro. Maintenance cheap cheap nia. Performance cukup makan la.. but dunno how it feels when using 18". I own a 04 coupe not 09... but I use it for daily thou.

Bought used unit.. own for abt 2.5yrs. No major issue la... just change the engine mounting and anti-roll bar bushes.

Bought ur car liau remember to come out n show show k? Lol

irenicus

Mar 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Good news to hear that maintenance is reasonable lol. yours is the 2.0 one right? Do you think you can let me know your fuel consumption for your daily drive?:)

Looking for good buy when the time is right. Very keen on a black GK FL. Oh ya, are body kits available easily in KL? Im guessing the only place is sunway la lol

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
I dunno how to rate the fuel consumption. For 1 full tank my mileage clock bout 350km. I work as sales so required me to drive short distance on n off. But when I travel to JB from Klang at full throttle n non stop, I've remaining 1/4 left.
However, if I cruise at 100km ~ 120km/h to JB, my full tank manage to clock 600km plus. Yes, Klang to JB n JB to Klang.

Bodykit a? Lol, if u get custom u can get it very easily. Even if u found a complete replica kit, it won't comes cheap.. prepare to spend bout 2.5k to 3k which exclude painting. I would say a simple custom lips, rear diffuser n a cf gr wing is goood enough. :)

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
good to know about that too. BTW engine mounting how many pieces?? seems like many spare part shop not selling complete.. selling 3 only

dexmonata

Mar 5, 2008
juz curious...is there anything that we can do to increase power for this gk tibby??

i'm also planning to get one...juz as weekend car..but when i test drive it last tym...its quite dissapointed for 2.0 car...feels a bit heavy...

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
juz curious...is there anything that we can do to increase power for this gk tibby??

i'm also planning to get one...juz as weekend car..but when i test drive it last tym...its quite dissapointed for 2.0 car...feels a bit heavy...
Yes... this coupe got the looks but not the power.. expecially when its a 2.0. Most probably because its heavy.. but there is a reason y its heavy. If u remove the door panel, u'll notice that there is a steel bar hidden behind and same goes to the dashboard. Their hood, doors and body have few layers of steel... which made them strong enuf... but heavy weight.

If u r looking for performance... a used unit of DC5 mite b ur cup of tea.

There r always sth u can add-on to increase the torque, hot inazuma voltage stabilizer... guang dao photo conductor... manifold.. exhaust.. and etc.

If u looking for sth which had low maintenance.. hassel free.. no regrets on getting this. Before this I own a jap car too... to be frank, my car stay in workshop 70% compare to rolling on the road during the 2yrs of ownership... lol!!!

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
that means if u want it to be fast change everything or removing everything :)

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
that means if u want it to be fast change everything or removing everything :)
Lol... true. Well... if u 1 something fast.. u can consider the Honda DC2 type R for that price... which is about RM60k plus...

dexmonata

Mar 5, 2008
oic...but i prefer this tibby bcoz of its outlook...plus this car is quite rare...

i'm planning to get the 2008 model..n surely dc5 is not in my budget list...

plus summore..da dc5 is quite old...

but i do heard that there is tibby in kl area dat installed turbochrged system....

is it true ???

spiky

Jun 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi irenicus,

just for your info, i do drive the tiburon gk. in for Fuel consumption of a full tank
1) Ron 97 - with current price of RM2.90 = RM130 for full tank,
2) and that takes you about 420km (mild driving)
3) about 380-390km for aggressive driving.
4) all this is inclusive of KL traffic jam too.

If you can find anywhere in this forum where they can get body kit done which is not from overseas, please please do let me know.

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Hi irenicus,

just for your info, i do drive the tiburon gk. in for Fuel consumption of a full tank
1) Ron 97 - with current price of RM2.90 = RM130 for full tank,
2) and that takes you about 420km (mild driving)
3) about 380-390km for aggressive driving.
4) all this is inclusive of KL traffic jam too.

If you can find anywhere in this forum where they can get body kit done which is not from overseas, please please do let me know.

If u r driving FK model.. chances still there.. but if u r driving GK... custom made is the only way bro... otherwise u can try to call kazama autoworks in JB. I remembered they have the Zefiro full kits which consist of front hood, front n rear bumper, fender arch (4pcs) and door panel all in fiber. Its not cheap... it was about RM3k plus back then.