The Ultimate Choice! BMW vs MERCEDES BENZ

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you were given a choice to own a BMW or a Mercedes Benz, which would you choose?

Some BMW owners may switch to Mercedes Benz.

Some Mercedes Benz owners may switch to BMW

Some more brand loyal owners to stick to their previous make.

So, what is your choice?

And why do you choose it?

Owners of existing model are welcomed to share their experiences of their cars be it BMW or Mercedes Benz. :wavey::confused::biggrin::idea:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Of the current generation of models from both, I'll go with Mercs cause they just look much better in my eyes. I don't really fancy bimmer looks after the E46. The E46 currently still the last Bimmer which really looks nice to me. No offense to Bimmer owners though, just being honest stating my personal taste.
Mercs also always has better resell value, and if I'm not mistaken overall still offers better reliability.

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
From my experience, if you seek for the fun of driving, drive a bmw, but if you seek comfort of driving than drive a mercedes, character of bmw's handling is sportier than mercedes, but i'm not sure from their sports car as i only driven their sedan (BMW e30,e34,e36,e46, Mercedes w202 and w140) and never tried their sports car. I like the BMW because of their model is sportier than the mercedes (in my opinion) and maybe because my first conti car was bmw :biggrin: , its more to emotional factors, even i can feel bmw interior have their own smell since new. But i agree with 6UE5t, the e46 is the last bimmer that still inherit their handsome face (in my opinion :wink: )

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If really just these 2 brands, is a tough choice, since both are great in their own ways.

I'll still prefer BMW though, BMW 335i, M3, M5, M6 :love:

But then if there is another choice besides these two brands, end of the day I'll go for Audi. :top:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Audi is better! BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop
Does Audi have better reliability? If I remember correctly there was a report that Audi is also as bad as BMW in terms of reliability (could not recall what report was it). Merc was ranked the best non Japanese brand (in the top 3 or 5).
Talking about Audi, how about VW as well? cause they share a lot of the same stuff.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I pick BMW because I feel 'old & mature' when test drive a Mercedes...audi is out of question bcoz of their reliability, maintenance & 2nd hand value...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
can TS be more specific? what model vs what model? both manufacturers have a very wide range of models ranging from SUV to sedans to full on top of line super cars across many many years of manufacturing genres.

topic is too loose and quite open to a possible flame war.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Audi. Cause BMW and Mercedes drivers are cocks.
cockometer - YouTube

For example, the reason why this thread exists is because one guy is trying to figure out which car marque will make him look like a bigger cock.

/thread close.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
can TS be more specific? what model vs what model? both manufacturers have a very wide range of models ranging from SUV to sedans to full on top of line super cars across many many years of manufacturing genres.

topic is too loose and quite open to a possible flame war.
U wont get your answers bro :rofl:
But I have to agree, too wide range between the two brands, need to be more specific
on which. Even if you put Audi into the list of comparisons, not easy as well cuz
do not know what are we comparing?

Performance, Reliability but if it is overall, too hard to say. Different ppl different views and
preferences.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Always like Merc more than BMW... always has and always will... especially those big 6/8 cylinder cars

*never fans of those downsize turbo/supercharge 4-pots, premium cars deserve premium engine*

my over-inflated 2 sen laaaa :adore:

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
once you test drive an Audi or Lexus you will ditch Merc and BMW for sure.. but want it comes to maintenance Merc got the least headache and Merc got the best re-sale value for a conti

afiq opel

Jul 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yes its wide and too broad. But here's the trick, if one would consider to buy a Merc, always buy the Facelift models as Mercedes always introduce something new in those. For instance, the W204. The pre-facelift model were not as good as Facelift W204, in term of the driver's interface, the gearbox, and yes there is performance tweaks done by Merc as for every facelifted models.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

*Work based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites,this product can locate and monitor your car by SMS or GPRS.

Cheap & Reliable , No contract , No monthly Fees , No wiring!!

*Applications-Rental Vehicle,Protect the child/old/the disabled,Protect businessmen,Personnel management.

Functions:...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience