The Ultimate 1/4 mile CLASH

tkk

1,000 RPM

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by glee@Sep 20 2004, 14:16
hi, the closing date is confirmed, 14th october, 2004.

btw, are you looking for AAM's number? or AMF?

this is AAM's number.

03-2162 5777 ext 830/831/832 or e-mail at [email protected]

20314066 is AMF's number
sorry... is typo error...

anyway thank you for the closing date confirm...

glee

Known Member

glee

Known Member
TICKETS:

Due to the amount of calls we have been getting regarding reservations for RM40 PIT Passes, we are currently working on a system that allows someone to go online and their reserve tickets.

It should be online and running in about a weeks time. Will keep you guys updated.

Maser

Maser

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by glee@Sep 20 2004, 15:15
TICKETS:

Due to the amount of calls we have been getting regarding reservations for RM40 PIT Passes, we are currently working on a system that allows someone to go online and their reserve tickets.

It should be online and running in about a weeks time. Will keep you guys updated.
Glee, how many pit tickets available? How do we pay for them? I am in JB, so its too far for me to travel just to buy tickets. Can I ask someone to buy them for me this Wednesday? I need 8 tickets for the pit

glee

Known Member

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by MotoringKT@Sep 18 2004, 21:03
Gary Lee, Great jobs for organization the biggest prizes money in the drag motorsport! We in JB few top drag race teams in Malaysia interesting to enter the AMF Drag race but
but we have some question on this few related thing

Pls to define & write in black and white to post in official web or media...

Thanks

Best regards,

www.vazmaz.com
Hi there, Thanks very much for your interest and also to all the drag teams in johor.

1)Why the entries closing so early?

As you should know by now, That has been rectified, and the new closing date is 14th October.

2) Is it Compulsory Competition License issue by AAM? Why? We not race whole circuit!

The event is officially FIA sanctioned, and competition licenses issued by the national automobile body, which is AAM in malaysia is compulsory. Competitors from other Asian countries (thailand or singpore) are required to be holders of their national competition license, and then also required to inform their respective governing body to receive a release that will allow them to race in Malaysia.

3) Protective Clothing rules? Too hurry! Why no set the rule for next year?

We hope that competitors will try to meet the ruling as best they can.

4) Full roll cage for car that exceed certain time and speed? Too hurry! Why no set the rule for next year? Don’t organized something last minits job & make the dragsters not convenient!

There are no Drag Cars in Malaysia who have official times listed with AAM.

5) Engine cc base on what definition? road tax? or others?

Based on Competitors declaration. But we reserve the right to inspect fully the winners cars or in the case of an official protest.

6) If only few cars enter will the organization still continue and the prizes money same to give that what they announce?

We have a commitment to our Sponsors BFGoodrich and Conoco, as well as our competitors, to run our drag events as well as all other events AMF is running(autokhana, autocross).
To date, we have run 3 events in the Asian region, and 3 events in Malaysia. This is only the first drag race for the year, with a 2nd race confirmed for December. We are also commited to continue our drag racing series for the year 2005.

7)According ours knowledge the FIA drag race rules which organization practice but we don't have such standard drag track approve by FIA! The Sepang circuit was a international racing track circuit not the proper Drag track!!

As long as the FIA/AAM track inspection officials approve the venue based on safety, suitability, etc. to run a drag race, it is official. Even a purpose built FIA sanctioned venue can fail a track inspection if the proper steps to meet requirements are not met.

8)The organizers and the race marshals should be fair in handling the events and put up a good show for the spectators.

All marshalls and officials for the meeting are AAM licensed.

Group AMF

MotoringKT

MotoringKT

Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by glee@Sep 20 2004, 19:32
On a separate note: If team Vaz maz, and the other johor teams wish, the AMF team can meet them in Singapore.

Will you guys be interested in that?
Gary, V thanks for ur help to make the enquiries from ours more pictures...

But we still have few questions for more clearly.

1) Protective Clothing rules?
(Is Compulsory or not?)

2) Full roll cage for car that exceed certain time and speed?
(U mean for 1st time AMF Drag race round 1 not need to have meet those roll cage regulations?)

On a separate note: If team Vaz maz, and the other johor teams wish, the AMF team can meet them in Singapore.

Will you guys be interested in that?
We have the race event at Pasir Gudang Circuit (Johor Sprint Challenge Series V) on 25th Sept, 2004. Can u & the AMF team coming down to meet us & S'pore dragsters in the event?

From,

www.vazmaz.com

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
(Is Compulsory or not?)

if you don't wanna burn with the car and ending up in the front page. Fire is a REAL danger.

(U mean for 1st time AMF Drag race round 1 not need to have meet those roll cage regulations?)

If your car's fast enough, best to have a 'cage. You'll never know. Safety equiment are like this: The day you need them, you really need them! Besides, not only you're safe, but you make yourself look good. It's like the team's pride that the car(s) look damn proffesional and usually roll-cages look FAST and that attracts the crowd to your car, which is damn good, because then your sponsors get maximum coverage!
Why build a car that a few ppl only look at?
Build a car with everything on it! NOT only Engine!
SET the standard!
We don't wanna be stuck here (cheapo-mentality racing)

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Originally posted by Maser+Sep 19 2004, 09:21 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maser @ Sep 19 2004, 09:21 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SinghaLee@Sep 18 2004, 19:34

Can somebody help? Who can I go to who can fix nos on my bike?
SinghaLee

I don't believe there are any shops in Klang valley anyway that is able to fix nos for bikes. Maybe other members might help. Are you entering? [/b][/quote]
there is a shop in sunway called sunway cycles performance (SCP) look for ah hoy 012 211 4422. he might be able to install nos or you could try yu jin 012 282 5980. yu jin sets up nos for cars, but no harm asking him for advise

Maser

Maser

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by Maser+Sep 20 2004, 15:26 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maser @ Sep 20 2004, 15:26 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-glee@Sep 20 2004, 15:15
TICKETS:

Glee, how many pit tickets available? How do we pay for them? I am in JB, so its too far for me to travel just to buy tickets. Can I ask someone to buy them for me this Wednesday? I need 8 tickets for the pit [/b][/quote]
Glee,

How many ticket are you allocating for the pits. I am hoping to get them on the spot when I arrive.Unless there are so few that I need to book them online. Can you please advise?

Maser

Maser

Sep 12, 2004
Glee

Any ZTH members gping for the Tt session on Wednesday? I have a few other questions, does BFGoodrich have drag tires? Is it available in Malaysia, any idea of the cost? So far we have seen their brand all over but you have not provided any information. Can I call them to enquire? I have a group of us that are into performance tires so it will be good for us to have more information. No information how to buy?

MotoringKT

MotoringKT

Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Sep 21 2004, 10:46
(Is Compulsory or not?)

if you don't wanna burn with the car and ending up in the front page. Fire is a REAL danger.

If your car's fast enough, best to have a 'cage. You'll never know. Safety equiment are like this: The day you need them, you really need them! Besides, not only you're safe, but you make yourself look good. It's like the team's pride that the car(s) look damn proffesional and usually roll-cages look FAST and that attracts the crowd to your car, which is damn good, because then your sponsors get maximum coverage!
Why build a car that a few ppl only look at?
Build a car with everything on it! NOT only Engine!
SET the standard!
We don't wanna be stuck here (cheapo-mentality racing)
Are u representative AMF Drag organization to answer the questions which we JB dragsters need to clarify the rules & regulations? If not, pls don't like "Anjing Liar" blow without nothing!!

We had played Sprint Challenge race since 2002 until now, we know what to do with the safety!! Our Malaysia Drag race (actually should call Sprint race) motorsport not like others motorsport in Malaysia necessary need those Protective Clothing rules or Full roll cage rules, because sprint race no full run whole circuit! And Sprint race was the cheaper race for many beginer, but had most spectators interesting to look compared to others motorsports!!

Ok, since u quite care about safety & told so interesting. U or Ur representative Titan company should sponsors us all dragsters the Safety equiments to make us free of hazy looking budget!!! We will put the bigger Titan Stricker at our drag cars... :lol:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
aiyak...

:P TiTAN don't sponsor THOSE sorta things wan la :lol:

bro, have you seen cars (dragsters) blowing up at the start-line? he was just revving the engine when the engine block blew and that started alot fireworks within 1-2 secs!

He survived because he was wearing the regulations 7(!) layers suit.. (FIA 3 layers only)
and he came out TOTALLY on flames..

not wanting to scold anyone le :P me not worthy... ^_^

safety roll-cages wise,
but if your dragster can hit 200+km/h on the straights, it aint fun when your front tyres blowout. I've seen those too.. they roll outta control and Sepang's concrete walls are harder than the car :blink:

it's up to you to set the standard :) it'll be the day to be proud of Malaysians to have set the higher standard, even from S'poreans, who're supposedly have better spending power. (btw, even rich buggers like them think twice about buying a proper helmet.. that's how poor our safety mentality here)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Originally posted by glee@Sep 20 2004, 19:24
Gary Lee, Great jobs for organization the biggest prizes money in the drag motorsport! We in JB few top drag race teams in Malaysia interesting to enter the AMF Drag race but

Thanks

Best regards,

www.vazmaz.com
Hi there, Thanks very much for your interest and also to all the drag teams in johor.

As you should know by now, That has been rectified, and the new closing date is 14th October.

2) Is it Compulsory Competition License issue by AAM? Why? We not race whole circuit!

The event is officially FIA sanctioned, and competition licenses issued by the national automobile body, which is AAM in malaysia is compulsory. Competitors from other Asian countries (thailand or singpore) are required to be holders of their national competition license, and then also required to inform their respective governing body to receive a release that will allow them to race in Malaysia.

[/quote]
So, to compete, we need an AAM sanctioned Competition License?

tkk

1,000 RPM

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Sep 21 2004, 23:58

Thanks

Best regards,

www.vazmaz.com

So, to compete, we need an AAM sanctioned Competition License?
[/quote]
have to get the AAM License... this case AAM will be very rich...

normally license if for Rally or Track race..

i think nextime sepang drag race have to get AAM license before we can join..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the headline suggests, I would like to know if stripping out the interior is legal or otherwise. The reason is I wish to use my car for track days and be able to use it on the road for sunday drives and TT sessions with friends. Removing the interior before track days and placing it back after is quite troublesome.

Only parts that'll be left over is the dash, drivers seat + safety belt. The car is currently daily driven without AC, power steering, very stiff suspension and radio...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience