The Roads Have 'AES'!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Malaysians will need to take heed out on the roads very soon with the introduction of and subsequent implementation of the Automated Enforcement System (AES) to help monitor our roads and ensure that traffic rules are obeyed.

<!--more-->ATES Sdn. Bhd. and Beta Tegap Sdn. Bhd. has been commissioned by the Malaysian Government to install and implement these cameras in phases throughout the nation in an attempt to help reduce the number of incidence of traffic accidents, since 289 people lost their lives during Ops Sikap 2011 – dubbed as one of the worst records ever. The system has also being employed in the U.S., EU and in Australia.

However, information at this moment are sketchy, but we’ve heard that should motorists flout the rules of the road; the cameras will be able to capture both your face and your licence plate number. After which, a summons will soon appear in your mail indicating a deduction in your points, requesting payment of a hefty fine or your presence at the courts (depending on the severity of your deed) or both.

There may also be a specific time period for which you’ll need to clear the fine, otherwise an arrest warrant may be issued. All of this will be done via the AES’ automated system, helping to vastly increase the efficiency of collecting these fines and reduce the burden on the court.

Ultimately this is all about promoting road safety at the end of the day, so if you find yourself significantly over the speed limit do give a big smile - chances are you're already caught. More information coming soon so stay tuned.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/YqRT9RFChf4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

highboost

Known Member
Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
simple...next time wear guy fawkes mask a.k.a vendetta mask...hahaha:rofl:
for plate no..change already ooo...
each summon RM 300-2000 lorh....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its here since february this year, according to a fren of mine. ive been caught by the system and charged 300, luckily my face wasnt clear, hihi.. just be careful when u see "speed trap in front" sign boards, its there for reason NOW

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, it's like "Don't say we didn't warn you!" :rofl:

my dad got caught on camera before but is just the photo of the rear instead. Not sure where was it. Could it be like the rumors of having cameras in between one of the railings/barriers? Whatever u call it.

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
cost to maintain this system must be bare by the road user i presume...pay summons got maintenance...no pay summons project going to be a white elephant project...that explain why got variable summons fees ranging between RM300-RM2000...

catch driver speeding in cheap car give RM300 summon...catch driver speeding in expensive car give RM2000... for medium price car...also medium price summons given...LOL...only in Malaysia....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
langsuryx, k-car lagi they charge more woo.. kcar owners nowadays spend more on their machines then the evo owners, lol

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Which is why I prefer to travel at night :rofl: Bright Headlights with high speed should be able to give the cameras a difficult time I guess...:biggrin:

mikafarhan

Jul 13, 2008
so, no point to buy sportcar nowadays in malaysia.cause still can get summons.better ride kapcai.hahaha

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
kapchai lg dia saman maa,because they know u sont spend vast amount of money for mods.trust me,they know dis awal2 dah,lol

ezulkanaen

Feb 6, 2007
I've seen some FB pics that the camera is encased in a fiberglass box that looks like a concrete pillar. In addition to that super bikes also can't escape the wrath of our men in blue (in this case white).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

This morning while I'm waiting for the engine to heat up, i saw white smoke coming out from my exhaust, the white smoke is not that bad as those motorbike smoke. What could this be ar? muffler going off soon? or? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience