The new Nissan GT-R races into Europe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From MSN Motoring:-
In order to improve its flagship supercar for 2013, Nissan took two near-production specification GT-Rs to Germany and entered them in the 2012 Nürburgring 24-Hour race, using the data it captured during the competition to further refine performance and handling. And the results are startling.

Nissan has shaved 0.1 seconds off the car's 0-100km/h time. Now it hits the benchmark in 2.7 seconds. To put that into perspective, the Ferrari Enzo was only capable of hitting the 100km/h mark in 3.14 seconds and the Bugatti Veyron, universally accepted as the world's fastest car, arrives at the same point in 2.46 seconds, despite costing ten times more than the Nissan, which itself holds the record for the world's fastest accelerating four-seater car.

Also improved for 2013 is turbocharger responsiveness so that power is available evenly across the rev range and so that the comparatively tiny 3.8-liter V6 engine pumps out a guaranteed 550PS (however, because each engine is manufactured individually in a hermetically sealed environment, the actual performance is often much higher, but never lower). Nissan has also reworked the suspension geometry, dampers and bushes to optimize high-speed handling and low-speed cruising, careful to ensure the performance improvements don't have a negative impacted on ride quality or comfort.

In racing terms, these subtle changes have shaved another 2.4 seconds off its Nürburgring lap time -- falling to 7 minutes 18.6 seconds from 7 minutes 21 seconds for the 2012 model.

The new four-seater GTR will be available across Europe this spring and prices are expected to start at $100,000

A faster GTR 35 for 2013?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, people have wrong ideas about HID and projector lights. Now you be the judge. I have made the mistake of putting HIDs in reflector housings but after doing an extensive research I have come to the conclusion that HID should only be used in HID Projectors Only.

I am going to copy and paste some of the information I shared in the old forums but did not get noticed.
Here we go...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience