The mighty 2jz or The legendary RB26

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Q
What do you think is the ultimate import engine and why?

A
Easy, the Toyota 2JZGTE hand's down. No disrespect to the Nissan RB26DETT but the Supra motor rules the roost in America. I have seen internally stock examples live making 980 whp, built motors do 1000 to 1100 whp...and these are street cars. Look to the drag strip and the 2JZ dominates Pro RWD and Modified classes day in and day out. It practically defies physics.

source: https://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1997&print=yes

:thefinger:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i really do not understand why u all quarelling on which one is better than the other ... both has its own advantage and disadvantage alike

lets put it this way, if u have big bucks, u can get whatever horsepower that u desired ... simply by putting the best performance parts money can buy and by employing the best tuner that u can grab

but at the end of the day, it depends on how big is ur guts to drive ur car at insane speed ... no matter what is the condition of the road, be it long straight or winding road

speaking from a purist who loves whacking cars ... i.e. my main priority is modest PS and torque with abundance of reliability :burnout:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
i really do not understand why u all quarelling on which one is better than the other ... both has its own advantage and disadvantage alike

lets put it this way, if u have big bucks, u can get whatever horsepower that u desired ... simply by putting the best performance parts money can buy and by employing the best tuner that u can grab

but at the end of the day, it depends on how big is ur guts to drive ur car at insane speed ... no matter what is the condition of the road, be it long straight or winding road

speaking from a purist who loves whacking cars ... i.e. my main priority is modest PS and torque with abundance of reliability :burnout:
Bravo...Bravo..end of story! haa haa haa ha haa :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
pocong: one thing to admire a specific type of engine from a specific manufacturer.. but it's totally another story to taruk another..do not look down on 2JZGTE la.. i know this is a nissan forum...

jinkl: i say rb rulez.. i didnt say 2JZ drool mahhh... . aiya, long list of toyota cars from me... i m never a betrayer.. ;)

do bear in mind.. wat's holding the sepang drag record now is neither rb or 2j... but an evo engine

Last edited:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
encik blackie, dun la angry2...

anyway, even though i'm using 2jz, i do admit that rb26 is a damn good engine. the head flow is good, abundance of performance parts, the potential of power, same over-engineering of engine design etc. i would definitely use rb26 in my ride if i have the budget to rebuild the engine according to maximum reliability specs that include aftermarket oil pump, oil restrictor to head, external oil return from head to block, and also large capacity oil sump. i could not afford those, and thats why i chose 2jz.

so, in the end, if ur using skyline, u wont put a 2jz inside and if u use supra, u wont put the rb26. those who did the opposite are simply crazy hehehe. and also skyline users support RB, while supra users support 2jz no matter what. those who are still not satisfied can have a race to determine who's boss. even then, same thing as what JaHaX said. the one with more mods, better tuned engine, and also bigger BALLS will win, while not proving which engine is better. so lets just enjoy our rides...:biggrin:

p/s in my opinion, sepang drag record holder will always be a 4wd, cos SIC management does not allow burnout before starting...

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
I oso think this quarrel 'sudah lari tajuk'.

It's not about the engine...it's about the WHOLE car.

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
pocong: one thing to admire a specific type of engine from a specific manufacturer.. but it's totally another story to taruk another..do not look down on 2JZGTE la.. i know this is a nissan forum...

jinkl: i say rb rulez.. i didnt say 2JZ drool mahhh... . aiya, long list of toyota cars from me... i m never a betrayer.. ;)

do bear in mind.. wat's holding the sepang drag record now is neither rb or 2j... but an evo engine
In order for 2JZ to be a legend, it need 3000cc to perform perfectly where as RB juz need 2600cc. The diff of 400cc is no small number in engineering calculation. Imagine this, how will the 2JZ perform if it is juz 2600cc like the RB26? Can it perform like RB 26? Any idea? To my understanding and if not mistaken, in US they hybrid it with 1JZ to perfection.

Blackie, I have no intention to assault or to taruk any Toyota fan here. I said it because the motorsport history said so. History + Heritage = LEGEND. Therefore neither RB 26 nor 2JZ is legend, it is Nissan/Datsun/Prince Motor L Series engine.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
yah... we not rich.. 2j for thin wallet losers :(
thin wallet loser is me, engine still 100% stock. ur 2j got big big turbo, got nos nos bottle, wide wide bodykit, fat fat wheels hehehe:adore: where got thin wallet loser can afford all those things

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
these two engines two different things la

the reason RB26 is 2.6 litres is because the engine has a shorter stroke, thus better response and rev at the cost of low down torque.... why do you see so many RB's with stroker kits nowadays?

the 2JZ was built for the Supra which is in its homeland (Japan) its famous as a wangan warrior

i have a friend who went to Japan and while he was there he asked around what their fave car is(cab driver, etc) and the Japs always say their fave car is the Supra. Surprising esp since theres so many crazy GT-R's there.

Try dropping a T04Z in an RB and say hello to lag hell....try dropping that in a 2JZ and voila, wangan magic

do bear in mind, the RB26 is for the GT-R which is more track orientated compared to the Supra (hence the ideal twin setup for this engine) whereas the Supra is at home on big highways and with a giant single turbo setup.

i've tried agaisnt a stock engined VVTi supra (im stock too hehe) and i can wipe his face i nthe dirt on the first 3 gears, but once fourth/5th gear kicks in, and we're up to speed on the highway, then suddenly the RB26 is outta breath compared to the 2JZ

apples and oranges la these two engine, but yet very similar. love em both.

Dammit i want a Targa Supra!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
In order for 2JZ to be a legend, it need 3000cc to perform perfectly where as RB juz need 2600cc. The diff of 400cc is no small number in engineering calculation. Imagine this, how will the 2JZ perform if it is juz 2600cc like the RB26? Can it perform like RB 26? Any idea? To my understanding and if not mistaken, in US they hybrid it with 1JZ to perfection.

Blackie, I have no intention to assault or to taruk any Toyota fan here. I said it because the motorsport history said so. History + Heritage = LEGEND. Therefore neither RB 26 nor 2JZ is legend, it is Nissan/Datsun/Prince Motor L Series engine.
if engine capacity is the argument here.. if dat's d case.. compare rb25 with 1jz... don talk about legend or heritage crap... in stock form 1jz can kick the shit out of rb25 anytime.... u're driving 280ZX rite? wat do u have under the hood? L series?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well over a year ago, one of our customers purchased an R35 GT-R, had it painted by one of the local body shops that we worked with and then had us install our AMS Alpha 9 GT-R package along with a built 3.8L and Alpha trans upgrade. This was the highest hp Alpha 9 we had built to date and we dubbed it the Agent Orange GT-R. He had since sold the car in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience