The mighty 2jz or The legendary RB26

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
wait till the rotary guys come in n give their opinion, immediately this thread will jump to 20 pages.

Bump:
from my experience, kancil 660cc feels like its got more torque compared to the 13B off-boost hehehe
HAHA.

Could not agree more, wait till you drive one which is heavily ported. Off boost feels like a 150cc 2 stroke motorbike,

Revs like a bitch though and when power does come in. BOY! it feels like a dog pissing razorblades. Mighty!!

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
13b worst engine? i love that engine weh.... if i can afford it i dont mind building another power plant:adore:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i didnt say that :p i only said that the off-boost torque is worse than kancil 660cc. i dont deny that on boost, its AWESOME!!!

i think i'm quite spoiled already cos i'm using quite a torquey engine hehehe

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
In NZ, there's an Rb engine that can match that. Produces 1200+ hp and the car runs 7.8s in 1/4 mile. But the car is a 240z.

And the engine is rb30 :burnout:
i thought we were talking about the rb26.. the rb30 is a different issue all together.. gobiz, ur vass experience in the rb eng is highly respectful

Last edited:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Either RB26 or RB30, still RB is what they called Nuclear Power Plant!! :biggrin:

Bump: Either RB26 or RB30, still RB is what they called Nuclear Power Plant!! :biggrin:

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
To me RB 26 n 2JZ is a reputable engine but not as legendary as Nissan's L series i.e L20, L24, L26 and L28 engine that fitted into Datsun 510 and Fairlady when conquering the World of Motorsport back in 60s till 80s. That same engine L28 with 3.1 stroker kit is awesome. Juz because RB/2J can produce more hp or more torque till how many thousand or what ever, then we can call it a "Legendary"? We call it legendary because of it racing heritage and pedigree.

BTW, since L series is from Nissan and ONLY Nissan can produce a "Legendary" engine.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
its not betrayal la bro. its following the saying "keep ur frens close, but keep ur enemies closer" hahahahahahaha

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
i thought we were talking about the rb26.. the rb30 is a different issue all together.. gobiz, ur vass experience in the rb eng is highly respectful
Aik, where got experience? I'm just enthusiast....only ever owned 2 rbs, 1 rb25, 1 rb26...that's all.

Of course, rb30 is different issue but can be regarded as 'adik beradik' maaa :biggrin:

To me RB 26 n 2JZ is a reputable engine but not as legendary as Nissan's L series i.e L20, L24, L26 and L28 engine that fitted into Datsun 510 and Fairlady when conquering the World of Motorsport back in 60s till 80s. That same engine L28 with 3.1 stroker kit is awesome. Juz because RB/2J can produce more hp or more torque till how many thousand or what ever, then we can call it a "Legendary"? We call it legendary because of it racing heritage and pedigree.

BTW, since L series is from Nissan and ONLY Nissan can produce a "Legendary" engine.
Rb26 has awesome racing pedigree....perhaps it's the one that actually introduced the world to Japanese engineering.

In the 60s to 80s, Europeans and Americans were more concerned with the Ford GT40s, and the continuing battle between Porsche and the other teams in Le Mans.

There were some Japanese teams in F1, but only Honda was prominent in the McLaren-Honda partnership.

Rally racing was dominated by the Lancia, Ford, and then the Audi quattro came along.

So when the R32 came along in the late 80s, the whole world was taken aback - from Australasia (Bathurst) to Europe (Le Mans).

Did you know the R33 finished 5th at Le Mans...but the 4 cars in front of it were ALL McLaren F1s?

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com

yes....best part is, it produces power.....reliability and racing heritage.......the L series its an ok engine but were are living in th year 2009.....and since the 80's ths engines were whacking away the comp...example the r32 in th australia super car series.....so no question its is legendary:adore:

Bump:
IMHO, one thing that the 2jz lacks is a perceived racing heritage.... maybe blackie can enlighten us further... of course Toyota races in F1 etc, but it's not Supras specifically - and rarely the 2jz engine.

The gtr has loads, of course the R32 was legendary, R33 raced in Le Mans, R35 currently campaigning in Japan, One Lap of America, and needless to mention, conquering the green hell Nurburgring.

it depends ....how do u categorize racing heritage, for me all form of motorsport has its own racing heritage.......for examp: the australian drag since (sanctioned) ....a lot of 2jz and supra's are being used...and don't forget Toyota commisioned a german company to build the 2jz to compete wit the rb26(motorsport homoglation)...so the 2jz were made available to the public...it is from racing heritage.

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
when we mention on Nissan racing heritage with its Fairlady and 510 in 60s where.... errrrrr where was Toyota boys? What were they doing that time? Anyone know? Toyota heritage what...????

Like it or hate it.... ONLY NISSAN produce a "legendary" engine. L series is the 1st peformance engine built by Nissan/Prince Motor that giving birth of what we call " The Godzilla" today.

Anyone remember any nick name of Toyota's ? If Skyline RB is " Godzilla " then Supra 2J is " Dinosour? Or Ultra Man? Only Ultra Man killed Godzilla. heheheh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey eneos sent me the members offers.. they're selling 2 semi bucket seats for 499 including installation. anyone sat in these seats or bought these seats from them yet?

pls comment.. the offer ending soon already. i dont wana miss it if possible
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience