The Malaysian Super Series RD1 2005

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia’s top superbiker Lee Ching Hooi began his defence of the Malaysian Super Series title in grand style when he won the opening round of the Naza PanGlobal Superbike Championship at Sepang Circuit today.

The Naza PanGlobal Racing team leader comfortably won Race 1 and easing off the throttle in Race 2 to settle for second place behing Denmark’s Poul Erik Jensen for the race. Despite identical results with Jensen, Ching Hooi was declared the winner for Round 1 by virtue of winning the opening race.

"I went all out in Race 1 to ensure that I don’t have to push in Race 2 – that was the strategy and everything went according to plan. I just follow Jensen in the second race; knowing that second place was good enough," said a jubilant Ching Hooi, who said he was looking forward to the next round on May 29.

Ching Hooi’s teamates in the Naza PanGlobal Racing Team – Mohd Nageb Abdul Majid and Jeffrey Wong – however, were not as impressive as they finished 11th and 13th overall for the opening round of the championship.

Unlike Ching Hooi, Britain’s Steve Ewan, obviously, had a different strategy in his races in the Aprilia Cup as he went all out on his Aprilia RS to win both Race 1 and Race 2. Mohd Nazib Sahalan finished second in both Race 1 and Race 2 to take the runner-up spot.

Ahmad Fuad Zamani upset his former Petronas Sprinta Racing team mates Suhadi Ali Rahmat and elder brother Ahmad Zamani; winning both races in the Pirelli Supersports Championship.

In the absence of defending champion Iswan Azim Salihin, Ahmad Azhaqr Hamid fought off stiff challenge from Choong Kok Weng and Ma Woon Loon to win Round 1 of the Production Bike Championship.

ADAM AZMAN TAKE OPENING WIN

Defending champion Adam Azman won the opening round of the Supercar Championship but was quick to admit that he was lucky to take full points today to put his title defence on track in the 2005 Malaysian Super Series at Sepang Circuit today.

"I consider myself today very, very lucky. My Porsche actually did not have enough power to match the other cars as it is virtually last year’s car," said Adam, who won the opening race; but came in third in Race 2.

His overall position was helped by an awesome performance by Aminuddin Omar, who won Race 2 after a disappointing opening race that saw the Ultima driver finishing fourth after spinning on three ocassions.

2003 winner Jimmy Low, who was second in both Race 1 and Race 2, had to be contended with third overall; picking up 12 vital points. Adam leads the six-round Supercar Championship with 20 points with Aminuddin Omar on second with 15 points.

In the newly introduced Supersaloon Championship, Eric Yeo looked set to add the new championship to the Supersixteen title that he won in 2002.

Run together with the supercars, Eric’s Honda Civic EP3 was no match to the other 2500cc machines as he topped in both Race 1 and Race 2.

Overall fifth in the Supersixteen Championship, it was a different Tony Teo at the Malaysian Super Series this year as he blew away his rivals including defending champion Lai Wee Seng, who had to be contended by second place in both Race 1 and Race 2.

"It will be a full charge for the overall title this year. The car was superb and hopefully, we can maintain this good form in all six rounds," said Tony.

"I have to skip a few rounds last because of business commitments. This year will definitely be different as I have my partner taking care of things. It will be a full concentration on the Malaysian Super Series this year," he added.

Like Tony, Joe Sevack was in dominating form in his Porsche 911 in the Classic Car Championship as he secured a perfect outing to win both Race 1 and Race 2.

rotormaster

Apr 28, 2005
nice picture tom. keep up the good work.
see u next round .

Last edited:

rotormaster

Apr 28, 2005
alexz said:
thanx tom 4 posting up my pics :)
alexz
where is your picture?
this is my car picture.

maybe we can meet at 2nd round this 28th may :)

Last edited:

rotormaster

Apr 28, 2005
alexz said:
abg wadi ker??

im just a pit crew for the little "ultima" :D

anyway see u at the 2nd round!
fuiyyoo
aminuddin omar crew meh............
any 18 inch slick yg tak pakai lagi ,from their previous GT3
please pm me .........
thanks

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
round two is coming on the weekend.......
yum yum

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've noticed at the shops that the cheaper alarm systems don't
come with their own relay (they utilize the existing one), the
expensive ones do. does anyone know whether this factor is
important?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience