Team Orange Evo X D1GP Car

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Just to share some nice pics from Kumakubo's blog

2. Team Orange mechanics cutting the floorpan for new transmission tunnel using plasma cutter.

3.The new Holinger sequential transmission unit custom-made for the car (similar used in Kuma's D1GP Evo 9)...check out the air-jacks!

4.roll cage

5.look at the size of the surge tank :adore:

6.custom differential mounting.

7. the heart :adore::adore::adore:

8. the finished heart ready to be mounted.

9. guess how they custom the intake manifold

look closer and you'll see...

10. once kau tim, pasang aje lar... :adore::adore::adore:

ever wonder wat it looks like inside the manifold?

11. Endless waltz around the track...

12. do these look custom made?

13. wat is this?

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Part 2

14. since we guys always like to view what is inside a girl... i mean the car, here are some interior pics :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Stack Console:burnout:

15. wat the hell is this? pokari sweat drink dispenser ka? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

16. very big and thick... intercooler :adore::adore::adore:

17. baju sume ade... tapi kasut takde lagi...

18. its so dark at night, macam topless

19. car inspection time!!!

20. on the way to TAS 2009 (damnit, i must save money to go next January for TAS 2010)

21. i saw something at 2:32 and something crazy at 2:50 (sorry i dunno how to embed the youtube vid. suddenly got 2 vids. sigh...)
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-XQjw6CeCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
blank : its a 4b but mounted transversely (making it RWD only to comply to D1GP rules).

clifford : evo x lor... we are waiting... muahahahahahahaha...

amtonjet : no idea. probably the airflow is directed upwards from the front air dam? anyway, a lot of drift cars place their intercoolers differently. some are angled to the side (one side is further in as the car goes sideways rather than straight) some are angled downwards like the evo x you see.

p/s - did u guys notice the twin calipers around 2:50? :adore::adore::adore:

cliffordcheong

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
blank : its a 4b but mounted transversely (making it RWD only to comply to D1GP rules).

amtonjet : no idea. probably the airflow is directed upwards from the front air dam? anyway, a lot of drift cars place their intercoolers differently. some are angled to the side (one side is further in as the car goes sideways rather than straight) some are angled downwards like the evo x you see.

eh mizu..nice rim u have there man..i was bside EVOLUTIONZ......... evox don have $$$ lah...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
eh mizu..nice rim u have there man..i was bside EVOLUTIONZ......... evox don have $$$ lah...
hi bro, nice to meet u :) tqtq... my rims small lar... and yesterday polish n wax, so it looks clean and nice lor... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

but last nite heavy rain, my car dirty again with water marks... sien... whenever i wash car sure rain. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
The engine is placed in the centerline of the car in the Fore-Aft Direction. Thus the peculiar way in which the intercooler is mounted to make space for the turbo & intake pipings.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
The engine is placed in the centerline of the car in the Fore-Aft Direction. Thus the peculiar way in which the intercooler is mounted to make space for the turbo & intake pipings.
the sifu has spoken :adore::adore::adore:

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009

ooooo...ic
yeah2 notice the caliper...its mean..the rear one is using 2x2 pot caliper??

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
Finally i found what i want....Kuma's Evo X...masterpiece by Koyama San...he was doin the work include welding...impressive:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore: