Team Malaysia drives home third at Shell FuelSave Challenge

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The battle to be the region’s top Shell FuelSave Team came to a conclusion recently with Team Malaysia coming home third against drivers from Hong Kong, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand during the 2011 Shell FuelSave Challenge at the Sepang International Circuit.

Team Malaysia was made up of the 2011 Regional Shell FuelSave Challenge winners, Tan Moh Chuan, Deborah Tan and Lee Chee Koon. They took the final podium spot with an average of 15.749km/liter during the challenge that required them to drive a planned route that included pit stops to more accurately represent a normal day’s journey, using only a single liter of Shell FuelSave 95.

“It was great to see all Asia’s Shell FuelSave Teams come together at Shell Eco-marathon but especially good to see our own team members do so well in the 1 Litre Challenge. Everyone who attended learnt a great deal about how to be more fuel efficient – it’s now up to all of us to show other drivers in Malaysia how easy it can be to start saving fuel and money today,” said Azman Ismail, Managing Director of Shell Malaysia Trading and Shell Timur.

Deborah Tan also clocked in the highest individual score of 16.91km/liter, beating out 18 other participants in the process, “When I was named to Team Malaysia, I didn’t expect that there was more in store for me. The Shell FuelSave makeover session by John and Helen Taylor as well as the opportunity to share experiences with Shell FuelSave Teams from other countries has been a truly exhilarating experience. It has enabled me put into practice what I have been thought and to stretch my ringgit even further. I am looking forward to share this newfound knowledge with my family and friends.”

Part of the training for the challenge included receiving training from a team of fuel economy experts that included Guiness World Record John and Helen Taylor as well as Fahrin Ahmad, the Shell FuelSave Ambassador for Malaysia.

The culmination of that training was put to the test during the challenge that pitted them against other Shell FuelSave teams from across Asia to see which team could travel the furthest on a single liter of fuel.

Following the completion of the challenge, the three team members will now lead a campaign to inspire the country’s drivers to be more fuel efficient. They will use their own training and experiences to teach other drivers fuel saving habits.

Furthermore, the team will also take part in a Guinness World Record attempt for the ‘Largest Fuel Efficiency Masterclass’ to be held in approximately 10 countries simultaneously on Shell FuelSave Day, which falls on the 15 October.

The champions for the 2011 Shell FuelSave Challenge was Team Thailand who managed to get an average of 15.952km/liter. Coming in second was Team Singapore with an average of 15.856km/liter. Hong Kong came in fourth with an average score of 15.631km/litre, while Shell FuelSave Philippines came in at fifth place with an average of 15.136km/litre.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car Model : Suzuki Swift 1.5at Bayside Blue
Date : 19/01/2011 3pm
Cause : My spare key was stolen by the thief
outlook : Monster n Swiftclubmalaysia decal on windscreen , CF bonnet , CF spoiler , Twin exhaust , ssr type c gun metal grey rims..
reg num : NCA5656
contact number : 0136375050

Fellow Zth forumers , plss look out for my car... only u guys can understand the passion v have for our cars... its not just a car , its part of our...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience