Taller 4th or 5th gear for Evo 4/5 GB

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
Hey all

Is is actually possible to rebuild an Ev0 4 or 5 GB with a taller 4th and 5th gear inside? Take note i do not want to change the final drive or my 1st-3rd gear will be affected. Reason is, going to use the car to go JB-Penang, maybe thailand more than once in it's lifetime, and KL-Singapore every month.

If can, from which gb do the taller synchros come from?

Thanks guys!!!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if it was me....to choose specific gearbox ratio...

that would be taller 1st,2nd,3rd...with closer 4th-5th....slightly longer final drive...

this means u can pull 1,2,3 gear a little bit longer hence no need to change the gear frequently in town traffic.....and still without bad effect of too-long 4th-5th gear....(u can take example of 4speed autobox where 3rd and 4th ratio was placed longer which sacrifice highspeed acceleration)

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hmm...but won't the pickup and lower speed drag suffer? Or can make up for that with boost? :D :D :D lol

my main aim is to enable the car (4g63T) to have good drag/track capabilities from 1st-4th gear, with the facility of an overdrive 5th to cruise comfortably between 160-200km/h..with the rpm around 4000 rpm at 180 km/h in 5th gear. Possible?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nope..it wont suffer,,,,instead of the turbo didnt have enuf time to spool already need gearchange...now u still accelerating with fullboost and full power.....(good for late spooling turbo setup)

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hmmm..ok...so going on this...how easy is it to obtain a taller final drive for a Evo 4 GB? lol..apparently the terbalik evo gb parts very hard to come by :((

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ESPN Star Sports (ESS) is going all out this season to rope in Malaysian fans and viewers of Formula One with a host of new features for its subscribers, including the first high-definition broadcast of all races on ESPN HD.

Together with its broadcast sponsor Petronas, ESS will showcase some of the most comprehensive coverage of the 2011 Formula One season in the region with full coverage of all 19...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience